Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:49 PM

314 posts, read 853,344 times

Advertisements

I think that is a common practice of peopel in most places. My mom lives in the suburbs of Birmingham and yet it is still considered B'ham when people talk about it. Maybe its because it is the suburbs of that town...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 AM

12,531 posts, read 17,689,274 times
The mailing address for USC is Pittsburgh, perhaps that's it.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,193,164 times
Quote:
The mailing address for USC is Pittsburgh, perhaps that's it.
That is odd, its not even that close.

Quote:
I think that is a common practice of peopel in most places.
I know its common practice in some places, but not all. I just think its a bit odd and in this case misleading as Pittsburgh didn't rank rather a small town next to Pittsburgh.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:09 PM

632 posts, read 1,748,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
I know its common practice in some places, but not all. I just think its a bit odd and in this case misleading as Pittsburgh didn't rank rather a small town next to Pittsburgh.
Ok, you caught me. I was deliberately trying to LIE to everyone on City-Data Forum about this random top ten thing I came across on the internet. I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pointing out that St. Clair is only somewhere near the general vicinity of Pittsburgh. Darn you, Humanoid, for foiling yet another one of my evil Pittsburgh cheerleader plots!

(And no, I don't particularly want to argue for 6 pages about how close or far away St. Clair is to Pittsburgh, whether it can technically be counted as Pittsburgh for the purposes of this list, and exactly how much pro-Pittsburgh deception my original post contained. But thanks anyway!)

Old 06-09-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Ok, you caught me. I was deliberately trying to LIE to everyone on City-Data Forum about this random top ten thing I came across on the internet.
Forgot to take your pill this morning?

Old 06-09-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
That is odd, its not even that close.

It may be odd, but many suburban townships have a 152 zip.

For the record, Pgh's Greentree city area is only 3.5 miles from USC.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 PM

632 posts, read 1,748,473 times
Quote:
Forgot to take your pill this morning?
That response wasn't nearly as clever as mine. Come on, you can do better than that!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
It may be odd, but many suburban townships have a 152 zip.
The problem is the suburban townships aren't Pittsburgh. Whether they are brainy or anything else doesn't really reflect on the city. There are a number of nice areas outside of Pittsburgh, but Upper St clair is pretty expensive so I'm not too sure its a great place to retire regardless of its brainyness.

It is a bit funny though when something good can be said about an area around Pittsburgh its part of Pittsburgh, but when its someone bad...oh thats not Pittsburgh. But that is a different issue.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
The problem is the suburban townships aren't Pittsburgh. Whether they are brainy or anything else doesn't really reflect on the city. My friend in Beverly MA always says he lives in Boston. My cousin in Media always says Philly. There are a number of nice areas outside of Pittsburgh, but Upper St clair is pretty expensive so I'm not too sure its a great place to retire regardless of its brainyness. There are currently 21 active listings on the MLS in USC under 150K, 2 of those are under 100K. I guess expensive is relative to some people.

It is a bit funny though when something good can be said about an area around Pittsburgh its part of Pittsburgh, but when its someone bad...oh thats not Pittsburgh. But that is a different issue. Definitely a different issue and not in this thread. There is plenty wrong with Pgh, as there is with any metropolitan area. But I don't know too many cities that promote their bad qualities.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:14 PM

314 posts, read 853,344 times
I thought I had met people who would argue with a post about the color of the sky but, apparently, I hadn't seen nothin' yet.
So, humanoid, what color is the sky?
Azure, cerulean...certainly not blue especially not in PGH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh