Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2021, 03:19 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,693,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Good. That’s how it should be. If you’re scared of guns and the criminals that use them, stay home.
Aren’t you the one who started this thread? If anybody is scared it’s you. Dwelling on the culture that is the United States. You want lots of guns but get scared when bullets fly astray. You want cops to be tough on crime yet you are OK with people getting multiple chances for a do over.

I think you are confused and don’t know what you stand for.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,277,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Aren’t you the one who started this thread? If anybody is scared it’s you. Dwelling on the culture that is the United States. You want lots of guns but get scared when bullets fly astray. You want cops to be tough on crime yet you are OK with people getting multiple chances for a do over.

I think you are confused and don’t know what you stand for.
Lol. Not scared at all. I go out and live life….and didn’t say anything about lots of guns. I said the thugs that use them should be put away.

Who said anything about people getting multiple chances for a do over? I’m for putting thugs away and capital punishment.

Your fear of many things has you confused. This thread is to recognize the skyrocketing crime and violence. The first step in fixing a problem is recognizing it…and it’s working. Not long ago you insisted crime wasn’t a problem, now you’ve posted that it is.

Quote:
Observatory Hill is a disappointment. I can’t get over the crime spike up there. Housing is top notch and Riverview park is spectacular.

I guess as a whole I’m disappointed in the north side. I’m disappointed in the census numbers in the central area and of course the crime. I really expected better population numbers in lower north side. I think it is the best setup of anywhere in the city with housing, roads and neighborhoods. The crime element just won’t go away over there.

Just seems like it is stuck in neutral over there.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-28-2021 at 03:47 PM..

Old 11-28-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Our cranberry resident must’ve been adjusting their tinfoil hat and mistakenly hit the accelerator. I feel bad. I am sure they cobbled together what the could to shop at five below. Hopefully they are insured. I can imagine times are tough trying to afford heating that home that was once on wheels.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...orts-indicate/
Lol. I’m flattered that you would think of me but heating costs are no problem, and being in Florida it would make it extremely hard for me to drive through that store.

Still waiting to hear what Cranberry storefronts are empty?

Old 11-28-2021, 04:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,039,632 times
If you take away the inner city black gun crime there is no issue. The country shouldn’t have to change because of the few that don’t value life and are so self centered they just shoot kids. Why should hunters and their sons that are actually trained well and don’t harm people have to hand in their guns?

Just look at statistics. That tells the real story. The US doesn’t have a gun issue. Just certain people do. Do I need to post the numbers in Allegheny county? Believe me, numbers don’t lie and per capita the numbers are crazy to look at. Prove me wrong.

Old 11-30-2021, 05:08 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,998,404 times
Quote:
Yep. But what do you expect for a country with the most circulation of firearms than any other in the world? This isn’t shocking.

And fake news is a myth. If news was fake all we would hear is positive stuff with this glossed over.

A gun is an inanimate object. A gun does not get angry or hate. A gun does not hurt or kill anyone alone. Even if we banned all guns, they people who are filled with hate and anger and want to hurt and kill others will get weapons. Criminal would even make their own guns if that is the only way to get them.

Until we address the reasons why people want to hurt and kill, we are addressing a symptom not the problem. To stop the violence the reasons why the violence happens must be addressed. Focusing on guns does not do that at all.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
A gun is an inanimate object. A gun does not get angry or hate. A gun does not hurt or kill anyone alone. Even if we banned all guns, they people who are filled with hate and anger and want to hurt and kill others will get weapons. Criminal would even make their own guns if that is the only way to get them.

Until we address the reasons why people want to hurt and kill, we are addressing a symptom not the problem. To stop the violence the reasons why the violence happens must be addressed. Focusing on guns does not do that at all.
The reason is guns are a part of our culture. We have the most in circulation of any nation. There are consequences as a result. It’s too late to fix anything. It should’ve been addressed long ago. Before any of us were born. Just accept it and move on.

I guess I don’t understand the point of this thread. I still think the OP is scared and lives a life of paranoia.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
The reason is guns are a part of our culture. We have the most in circulation of any nation. There are consequences as a result. It’s too late to fix anything. It should’ve been addressed long ago. Before any of us were born. Just accept it and move on.

I guess I don’t understand the point of this thread. I still think the OP is scared and lives a life of paranoia.
Except you obviously don’t want to accept it and move on.

Put the folks away that use guns in violent crimes. Less criminals walking the streets is a great thing.

Lol. Between being scared of guns and the virus, I’d be surprised if you ever went outside.

Old 11-30-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except you obviously don’t want to accept it and move on.

Put the folks away that use guns in violent crimes. Less criminals walking the streets is a great thing.

Lol. Between being scared of guns and the virus, I’d be surprised if you ever went outside.
Our criminal system is not set up that way. We accepted the most guns in circulation of any nation. It’s impossible to control or address. Lost cause. Again you keep talking tough on crime. The criminal justice system is setup to give people multiple chances at a do over.

If you don’t like that I would suggest moving elsewhere

Old 11-30-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Our criminal system is not set up that way. We accepted the most guns in circulation of any nation. It’s impossible to control or address. Lost cause. Again you keep talking tough on crime. The criminal justice system is setup to give people multiple chances at a do over.

If you don’t like that I would suggest moving elsewhere
Change the criminal system. Violent criminals, especially repeat violent criminals need ousted.

That’s the problem. Who said it isn’t set up that way?

Old 11-30-2021, 06:45 AM

1,914 posts, read 746,368 times
It doesn't really matter since the adults in those communities condone the violence. Until that changes, there will be non stop shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh