Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2022, 05:59 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,078,682 times

Advertisements

they honestly need to include in the discussion, debate, and probably legislation on gun restrictions, the amount of urban violence that is random and, it seems, everywhere in america's cities.

i hope the debate does not focus solely on the high-powered weapons. it needs to include discussion of penalties, SEVERE penalties, for anyone providing a weapon without documentation, and/or to a minor, or to someone without having done a background check, whatever else.

what we are talking about here is still killing people, although different contexts. the end result is the same - death of innocents. i hope the democrats realize this and it comes to the 'table'.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,311,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
they honestly need to include in the discussion, debate, and probably legislation on gun restrictions, the amount of urban violence that is random and, it seems, everywhere in america's cities.

i hope the debate does not focus solely on the high-powered weapons. it needs to include discussion of penalties, SEVERE penalties, for anyone providing a weapon without documentation, and/or to a minor, or to someone without having done a background check, whatever else.

what we are talking about here is still killing people, although different contexts. the end result is the same - death of innocents. i hope the democrats realize this and it comes to the 'table'.
Good luck with that. So many live in fear of something that can’t be operated on it’s own, and then defend and enable the criminals that use guns at the same time to commit violent crimes, especially when some of them hit so close to home, then they blame police, society, etc… Perhaps make places more stringent like Chicago, NY, LA, etc…

Last edited by erieguy; 05-30-2022 at 08:53 PM..

Old 05-31-2022, 05:14 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,911,175 times
Quote:
Police are seeking 23-year-old Markez Anger on charges including criminal homicide, criminal conspiracy and firearms offenses. Those with information about his whereabouts should contact authorities

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202205300079
This is the one who pulled the trigger and killed the baby. The other guy was "just" the driver.

Markez Anger.
Court records turn up interesting things..
In 2018, he was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm and then carrying it without a license. No cash bail was required. And it looked like he was sentenced to 7-14 months at County Jail.

In August 2021, he was arrested AGAIN for 3 firearms charges - illegally possessing a firearm and AGAIN carrying it without a license. No cash bail was required!.. and that case STILL hasn't gone to trial!!!

GEEEEEEEE....... WHAT COULDVE BEEN DONE DIFFERENTLY?????
MAYBE the SECOND time that he was arrested for illegally possessing firearms, he shouldve sat his butt in jail until trial instead of being set free to roam the streets and kill babies.

These crimes are NOT symptoms of gun problems. More gun laws are NOT the solution. Liberals are the problem, and the solution is ruthless prosecution of those who are breaking current gun laws!

Stevie Wonder could see this... its such common sense.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:27 AM

1,916 posts, read 750,358 times
I wonder how many other homicides this mutant is responsible for?

Old 05-31-2022, 06:25 AM

6,360 posts, read 5,078,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
This is the one who pulled the trigger and killed the baby. The other guy was "just" the driver.

Markez Anger.
In 2018, he was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm and then carrying it without a license. No cash bail was required. And it looked like he was sentenced to 7-14 months at County Jail.

In August 2021, he was arrested AGAIN for 3 firearms charges - illegally possessing a firearm and AGAIN carrying it without a license. No cash bail was required!.. and that case STILL hasn't gone to trial!!!

well, we have to be super nice to black guys. no judge wants to be known as the legal system's 'racist'.

in all fairness, considering the driver. that is a big step down from being the shooter. pump HIM for information, with some kind of break in his sentence, and they can maybe get the shooter to life, or the chair or whatever they have going on in PA for capital (sp) punishment.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:30 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,071,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post

Markez Anger.

GEEEEEEEE....... WHAT COULDVE BEEN DONE DIFFERENTLY?????
MAYBE the SECOND time that he was arrested for illegally possessing firearms, he shouldve sat his butt in jail until trial instead of being set free to roam the streets and kill babies.

These crimes are NOT symptoms of gun problems. More gun laws are NOT the solution. Liberals are the problem, and the solution is ruthless prosecution of those who are breaking current gun laws!

Stevie Wonder could see this... its such common sense.
I agree that the liberal leaders don't keep citizens safe. They are too busy tripping over themselves virtue signaling to show they aren't racist. Maybe we need more level leaders in power. Each case is looked at on its own merit and if there is illegal gun possession you get hit hard. Get caught twice a mandatory minimum of 3 years. We need laws that have teeth with this trend of violence. Sure it won't stop the psychopaths because they can't see past themselves. The "I'm going to get mine" crowd is truly a danger to us all as we can clearly see.

As far as the baby dying is concerned, who was the target? The mother? Someone is involved in criminal activity in that case I suspect. Don't think it was random, but the baby was in a car with a psychopathic criminal I suspect. Never had a chance to live. Shame. The people that shoot into cars like that have no remorse or really any emotion, other than they are mad they are getting locked up for a little while. They are "I'm going to get mine" types and just don't see anything but themselves. Lots of the around these days. Be careful out there and never get into road rage situations or you might get shot by one of them. Keep your eyes open. The amount of aggression is quite abundant as I see it riding my bike around. I really try to avoid them at all costs. Even had one honk their horn at me while I was in a bike lane. I understand why as they are only concerned with themselves and how dare I be in a bike lane near them! THEY have to get by without thinking about another!!! I know what to look for. Times have changed as I have been riding a bike since the 80's in this city.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:00 PM

How refreshing. Hopefully hear more of this.

“I want justice done, and I want him to do life without parole. I want him to suffer for what you did to my grandson," Thomas' grandmother Barbara Jean Johnson said.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsbur...ry-thomas/#app

Old 05-31-2022, 06:16 PM

Who’d a thunk there’s going to be even more violence.

Pittsburgh city council gives word of warning after uptick in violence

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/alle...tujnp5hoehkj3d

Old 06-01-2022, 05:29 AM

1,916 posts, read 750,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Who’d a thunk there’s going to be even more violence.

Pittsburgh city council gives word of warning after uptick in violence

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/alle...tujnp5hoehkj3d
Haha. Like every suburban parent didn't already hear a baby was shot at PPG plaza.

And does anyone here think the Pittsburgh city council gives a ff? They should have just recorded them saying " just pay me".

Old 06-01-2022, 01:34 PM

Man killed, woman hurt in Homewood shooting

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/man-...edium=news_tab
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh