Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 02:40 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Ate again at Sienna Mercato. Loved it. "Thanksgiving" meatballs on mashed potatoes; wedge (of iceberg) salad; ricotta donuts with chocolate sauce (split three ways) for dessert. So far, this place has done no wrong. I feel comfortable using "amazeballs" to describe it.

Home | Sienna MercatoSienna Mercato | Good. Times. Three.

942 Penn Avenue. Across the street from Sonoma Grill.
Thanks for the review. I'm planning to take the better half here for our fourth anniversary dinner in January. He loves balls....well, MEATballs, anyways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 02:43 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times
just saw a video of some dude talking about pgh and it made me wish I had some burgatory again LOL. although primantis now ships across the us lol. costs $100 and you cook it yourself

Old 11-20-2014, 07:02 PM

110 posts, read 193,708 times
I'll give one: Freedom Farms Donuts ( Freedom Farms Donut Shop | Home of GAC's Farm Kings | Freedom Farms )
Their selection is amazing and the quality is really good, their filled donuts are amazing and filled almost too much. It is definitely worth the trip, but they are only opened Wed-Sun 5AM-1PM so you will have to stop early.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:55 PM

423 posts, read 629,047 times
New Korean place, Nak Won Garden, opens in Shadyside / East Liberty.

Pennsylvasia: Nak Won Garden Korean Restaurant

Old 11-27-2014, 05:58 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
I'm almost hesitant to post this in a "foodies" thread, but as the wife and I didn't go back east for T-day this year and I'm not a big turkey fan, we decided to head to Texas de Brazil and strap on the feed bags. Never been there before, but we're fans now.

I think this will be our Plan B for all future Thanksgivings. Total meat coma, all while avoiding turkey (which they had, but I didn't partake).

Obviously the plus side is endless meat until you're ready to blow up. Downside is you don't get it cooked to order - everything is intended to be medium rare. You could special order rare (or well done if inclined), but you'd have to wait. The salad bar is great, but we opted to only fill up to the level that met minimum vitamin/mineral requirements, leaving plenty of room for meat. We planned to pig out (price was $44.95/person), so ate a late breakfast, no lunch. I'm going to guess we devoured a pound and half of protein each.

Unadulterated American gluttony and we couldn't have been happier.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:44 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
I'm almost hesitant to post this in a "foodies" thread, but as the wife and I didn't go back east for T-day this year and I'm not a big turkey fan, we decided to head to Texas de Brazil and strap on the feed bags. Never been there before, but we're fans now.

I think this will be our Plan B for all future Thanksgivings. Total meat coma, all while avoiding turkey (which they had, but I didn't partake).

Obviously the plus side is endless meat until you're ready to blow up. Downside is you don't get it cooked to order - everything is intended to be medium rare. You could special order rare (or well done if inclined), but you'd have to wait. The salad bar is great, but we opted to only fill up to the level that met minimum vitamin/mineral requirements, leaving plenty of room for meat. We planned to pig out (price was $44.95/person), so ate a late breakfast, no lunch. I'm going to guess we devoured a pound and half of protein each.

Unadulterated American gluttony and we couldn't have been happier.

Im a meat eater and loved the Texas de Brazil experience. I was hesitant at first because I cannot eat at buffet style places. Once there I was comfortable and focused my attention on the meat and really enjoyed myself. I take small baggies for the small meat portions.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:41 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times
45? dang,thats cheap. here its like $60 a person.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:08 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
45? dang,thats cheap. here its like $60 a person.
Mooooovveee back.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:58 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Speaking of Brazilian steakhouses, has anyone been to the one in Penn Hills?

Old 12-02-2014, 10:23 AM

419 posts, read 446,074 times
This from Sunday's PG......
Dine: A slew of new restaurants to open in Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh