Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,724,600 times

Advertisements

I completely wore out my all season tires (which were barely a year old when the big storm hit). My car is front wheel drive with traction and stability control, but the streets were in such bad shape that those tires didn't cut it. I'm going to have to go to Tire Rack and get some tank tires for this year, with all the tread I destroyed on my all seasons last year it'd totally be worth the investment.

Also, Honest Bob is a silly goose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,539,414 times
Good All Season Radials and some Common Sense will do.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:01 AM

142 posts, read 269,418 times
Thanks for the great suggestions, guys!

I have driven in the snow a fair bit without much problem- never more than 6 inches, though. There are about 20,000 miles on my factory tires, so now I'm thinking of just going to the workshop and getting their tread checked. If not good enough, I'll probably get a set of mounted snow tires like some people suggested- I'll be in living in colder climes for the next 4 years, at least. Also, I already know how to change tires. My father taught me well.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,909,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesque View Post
Thanks for the great suggestions, guys!

I have driven in the snow a fair bit without much problem- never more than 6 inches, though. There are about 20,000 miles on my factory tires, so now I'm thinking of just going to the workshop and getting their tread checked. If not good enough, I'll probably get a set of mounted snow tires like some people suggested- I'll be in living in colder climes for the next 4 years, at least. Also, I already know how to change tires. My father taught me well.
When the time came for me to learn how to drive, dad took me out in the snow, and in the old '79 Corolla stick shift. Oh, I had to change a tire that day too, even though none went flat.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 AM

142 posts, read 269,418 times
LOL

DaBurgh, aren't fathers great?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh