Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 04:13 PM

657 posts, read 1,787,844 times

Advertisements

Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/shipm8pb/Forums/eb7472da.jpg (broken link)

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/shipm8pb/Forums/4b4db801.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times

Old 08-10-2008, 05:35 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/shipm8pb/Forums/d5bf0276.jpg (broken link)

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/shipm8pb/Forums/efa112fd.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-10-2008, 06:59 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times

Old 08-10-2008, 07:13 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,066 times
I know this one is weird, but it is a reflection of vehicle tail lights in the rain. I thought that it made a neat (abstract?) picture.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:33 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
Frozen Kool Ade

Yum!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:35 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times
There is a time to speak up and there is a time to just let things slide by. This time, it is probably the latter, but it is just not in my nature to do so. My first participation in this forum was slightly marred by a misinterpatation of the rules in the monthly photo contest. The rules have since been cleared up, but the experience still leaves a bad taste in my mouth... to the point were I will not enter the monthly contest even still. The reason I bring this up is that here we are, deep into the 9th assignment and there are only a handful of us actually following the rules clearly stated in the original post. There are but a few rules... the one about time (I know how imporant that one is) and the one about size. The one about size even provides additional help if needed.
Maybe I gave the 'teacher' too hard of a time about the timing issue, but where has the strick teacher (I have learned to appriciate) gone? Why not just do away with rules altogether?
Oh... and I am still waiting for you great photographers to give me pointers on how to become better. Even the board jerk needs advise.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:45 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
There is a time to speak up and there is a time to just let things slide by. This time, it is probably the latter, but it is just not in my nature to do so. My first participation in this forum was slightly marred by a misinterpatation of the rules in the monthly photo contest. The rules have since been cleared up, but the experience still leaves a bad taste in my mouth... to the point were I will not enter the monthly contest even still. The reason I bring this up is that here we are, deep into the 9th assignment and there are only a handful of us actually following the rules clearly stated in the original post. There are but a few rules... the one about time (I know how imporant that one is) and the one about size. The one about size even provides additional help if needed.
Maybe I gave the 'teacher' too hard of a time about the timing issue, but where has the strick teacher (I have learned to appriciate) gone? Why not just do away with rules altogether?
Oh... and I am still waiting for you great photographers to give me pointers on how to become better. Even the board jerk needs advise.
Bulldawg, I am sure I missed it somewhere, but where are the time requirements? When did the assignment start and when did it end?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:01 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Bulldawg - sometimes it is hard for the experts here to give advice for several reasons. One, there is none to give on a particular photo since it's perfect (I believe this is Elmo in your case!). Second, everyone's camera is different, everyone's level of expertise is different. Us beginners can balk at giving advice lest we be misinterpreted as "pretending" to be an expert. And the "experts" might balk a little, if the advice does not fit the camera specs or the level of the photographer. Kinda hard to keep track of everybody y'know. What I do on occasion is check into another forum I joined just to see what everyone is doing with the exact camera I have. This is a much more focused approach in my opinion. I come to this forum to see what others are doing, their learning experiences and to generally have fun. I ask general questions and try not to be too camera specific, and if it is a rather technical question, I try to volunteer the specs of my camera. Also, it would help if you asked for an opinion and target your question as well. For example, I would be asking questions like "How could I improve my exposure, my composition, my focus?" or something of the sort. I am sure people would be more than happy to chime in with their thoughts, and as far as ShepsMom is concerned, we have to understand that she has a business as well and that CD is not a full-time endeavor for her. I've seen her pop in every now and then. In the spirit of fun, I hope you will continue to post your shots, and consider joining the contest as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography