Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,563,020 times

Advertisements

You got a job in Phoenix and you are from out of state? No fair! I cant find a job, and I live here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 05:55 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
There are some sweet apts. on 32nd ST. just north of Camelback.
It's wise to check out the rental costs of those apartments. I think I know which ones you're referring to. I live near 32nd Street & Camelback, and those apartments on the west side of 32nd Street north of the Biltmore Plaza can be very pricey (being that it's adjacent to the Biltmore section). Biltmore is safe area, but it's also very exclusive.

It might be best to look into some of the apartments or rental homes in the "Biltmore slums", which is also known as Camelback East. This is where I call home. It's a very nice area with lots of greenery ... but nothing too fancy. It's also pretty safe, except for the occasional home burglary. Where I live (north of Camelback) is pretty free of children, so there isn't much of a problem with "kid crimes" such as graffiti, etc.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 PM

51 posts, read 73,737 times
I would love to move to Phoenix...

Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 PM

434 posts, read 553,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostroup View Post
I would love to move to Phoenix...

I would too, if I could find a job. I live in northern Minnesota and it's starting to get cold. Any ideas?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 AM

11 posts, read 14,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
having lived in central Phoenix for years, I'm at a loss. Anywhere is going to have sirens and traffic noise. Now if you mean not next door to a noisy bar, I'd look along Missouri west of 24th street, perhaps in some of the older condo complexes. Colter west of 16th street has declined, wouldn't go there. Or perhaps east on Camelback towards 32nd, 40th streets, but stay north of Indian School imo.
A gated, 24hr security patrol complex is Fountains in the Green on 14th street, north of Thomas. Don't judge it by the area 2 blocks away, 16th and Thomas. FITG is hidden back in a historic district and is a hop skip and jump from Phoenix Country Club, Jerry C's house and Manor Drive. Lived there twice, 3 years total, never a problem. Plus utilities are paid....free free free a/c. woohoo.
Thank you for this information. My boyfriend and I are moving (soon with a little luck) to Phoenix from Indiana. We have a place to stay while we apartment and job hunt, but knowing where to look in such a large metro area is overwhelming. This gives us some definitive "city" choices, as well as our suburbia ones.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 PM

80 posts, read 172,229 times
The Biltmore area is awesome. On some of the streets, you will forget your in the middle of the Desert. They look like some of the idyllic streets you see on TV shows. I think you will be very happy in that area as its very nice, and like the other person said, exclusive. Funny, but I think of Phoenix as one big Suburb. We really dont have a Downtown like some other cities. At the same time, you can find some really nice areas out on the edge of town that will feel like your out in the middle of nowhere. Very dark at night and sometimes cooler temps during the summer. These will be a little bit of a commute to the Biltmore area, but depending where you are from, might not be a big deal. If your from Atlanta and have one of those 90 min. commutes that only covers 12 miles, then your drive from North Phoenix/North Scottsdale would be no big deal. Our traffic is not that bad here compared to other cities. Phoenix was ready for the area to take off and grow and is not always chasing its tail to get the freeway system updated to handle an increase in population. There is just so much that is great about this town that I could go on forever. Welcome and Im sure you will enjoy your new home town.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 PM

434 posts, read 553,658 times
Unless you're on the interstate downtown in rush hour traffic with the fuel light on. That happened to me last time I was out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area