Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:07 PM

4 posts, read 21,306 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are thinking about moving to the Phoenix area from Michigan.We are looking to rent and we've seen affordable homes in Queen Creek. Could anybody tell us about that area and where it's located? Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,339,621 times
Do a quick search on this forum for queen creek. Alot of info already posted.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 PM

219 posts, read 763,939 times
Queen Creek is a big area in the far south east Phoenix Metro Valley. It includes the incorporated City of Queen Creek,Maricopa Country, and a much larger area of what is also known as Queen Creek in Pinal County. I would suggest visiting the area. For some the location is great, for others it's too far from the City.Only recently has the area got some nice shopping options. There are some really good buys out here now.Good luck.

Last edited by Woody7; 03-26-2009 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-27-2009, 12:01 AM

4 posts, read 21,306 times
Thanks for the info Woody7. We won't be able to visit first unfortunetly, but the area sounds nice to me. We live in a rural area in Mi. so I'm use to a long commute.How are the schools? I notice the two countys, is one better than the other as far as schools? Thanks again

Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 AM

219 posts, read 763,939 times
Schools are My weak point, no kids. Although I don't here any horror stories. The main differance in Counties is QC Maricopa is closer the the Metro area.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 PM

946 posts, read 2,603,328 times
I lived in Apache Junction about 10 years ago, worked in Queen Creek. I really liked it there, a much more rural experience than Phoenix. Although as a previous poster pointed out, it is quite a long ways from Phoenix. At least it's close to the swap meet!

Old 03-31-2009, 03:05 PM

77 posts, read 296,834 times
I'm researching relocating to Queen Creek as well. The Queen Creek School district has a better rating than the others. This is the incorporated part of Queen Creek. Which is the northern area. I like that the Incorporated area seems to have a lot to do for children. Also, a lot of community events. I don't know much about the southern unincorporated area. Just some of the neighborhood names. I would love to hear more about this area.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 PM

824 posts, read 2,335,408 times
You will find a keyword forum search for these terms to be very helpful:

"Queen Creek"

"Johnson Ranch"

"Pinal County"

Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 PM

6 posts, read 20,074 times
Default Info about Queen Creek AZ

My family and I have lived in QC for 7 years in the western incorporated Maricopa county part of it. Queen Creek is no longer a completely rural community as some might still believe. Yes, there are still many open spaces, ranch lands and mountain scenery, but now QC offers much much more. Beautiful, modern shopping centers with all the shopping you would ever need, a new library, new restaurants, improved streets and upgraded remodeled schools have given the area quite an easy, convenient lifestyle. Additionally, closeby access to a brand new freeway loop puts us in downtown Phoenix within 30 minutes when we need to venture into the city. We work in Mesa AZ and drive this loop every day and it's no big deal. I would recommend the Maricopa school system from personal experience. QC offers the traditional tract style master planned home communities as well as some custom home communities with more land surrounding them. It's the typical mix of old and new that makes the area special and the town council has done a great job of blending both. Good luck to you in your search.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:20 PM

11 posts, read 28,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml1234 View Post
My family and I have lived in QC for 7 years in the western incorporated Maricopa county part of it. Queen Creek is no longer a completely rural community as some might still believe. Yes, there are still many open spaces, ranch lands and mountain scenery, but now QC offers much much more. Beautiful, modern shopping centers with all the shopping you would ever need, a new library, new restaurants, improved streets and upgraded remodeled schools have given the area quite an easy, convenient lifestyle. Additionally, closeby access to a brand new freeway loop puts us in downtown Phoenix within 30 minutes when we need to venture into the city. We work in Mesa AZ and drive this loop every day and it's no big deal. I would recommend the Maricopa school system from personal experience. QC offers the traditional tract style master planned home communities as well as some custom home communities with more land surrounding them. It's the typical mix of old and new that makes the area special and the town council has done a great job of blending both. Good luck to you in your search.
What a wonderful post - thank you for taking your time!
Do you feel the area to be a "safe", family friendly area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area