Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:18 AM

6 posts, read 26,560 times

Advertisements

I am going to move to Queen Creek, find that home price's are reasonable..want to be near Chandler where grand kids live..will want to work part-time...can you tell me any reasons why we shouldn't move to Queen Creek ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 10:22 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
nope, it's in the out skirts, but nice, and if your not commuting to PHX, you should love it.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:27 AM

343 posts, read 552,356 times
What do you like or need would help. It's a short commute to visit Chandler, other than that what else do you ask for?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcdon View Post
I am going to move to Queen Creek, find that home price's are reasonable..want to be near Chandler where grand kids live..will want to work part-time...can you tell me any reasons why we shouldn't move to Queen Creek ?
I am in sale's, hopefully can find a job in local area...I see nice homes listed around $180,000 range...Mapquest said it is about 13 miles/20 minutes to Chandler area...Is Queen Creek a nice neighborhood area???

Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nice Baby! View Post
What do you like or need would help. It's a short commute to visit Chandler, other than that what else do you ask for?
would like to work either part-time or full time...in sale's...I see nice home's in Queen Creek for $180,000 range....want a newer one with 3/4 bedroom, pool, like open floor plan & patio...thanks

Old 08-04-2007, 01:49 PM

Stay away if you don't like to drive in traffic, otherwise there are many nice neighborhoods. It also depends on which part of Queen Creek you live. If you're in the city limits, your commute is pretty easy, but if you're in the county of Pinal, much longer commute and less services. Part time usually means you're more flexible to a schedule. In a few years the infrastructure will catch up with the growth, so it depends if you're willing to wait. Many great deals on housing! I'd rent first before buying to give you an opportunity to look.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:07 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,789,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcdon View Post
I am in sale's, hopefully can find a job in local area...I see nice homes listed around $180,000 range...Mapquest said it is about 13 miles/20 minutes to Chandler area...Is Queen Creek a nice neighborhood area???
Just keep in mind "Queen Creek" encompasses a huge area. There is the unincorporated Queen Creek in Pinal County and the Town of Queen Creek in Maricopa County. Chandler also covers a large area. It is possible to be more than 13 miles/20 minutes if you buy in the southeast part of unincorp. QC and the grand kids live in northwest Chandler. When you narrow down your search, plug the addresses in to get a more accurate time/distance estimate.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:27 PM

461 posts, read 1,809,849 times
I've been looking at Queen Creek to move to for quite a while now. I've been there a few times checking out the different communities. I think it's beautiful there. Great mountain views. It is "out there" though, and as Nice Nice Baby said, the traffic can be bad depending on what time of the day it is. Gilbert and Chandler are easy to get to and I think you'd have a lot of opportunity for sales there. But in Queen Creek, not so much. I don't know how close you want to be to your family, but another city I just recently discovered is Gold Canyon, which is northeast of Queen Creek. It's also an "up and coming" area just newly developing. You may want to check that area out as well, but keep in mind that it too is "out there". Casa Grande and Maricopa are two other areas that I thought were really nice (again, out there and newly developing). I think your best bet is to just go out and explore for youself.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:31 AM

824 posts, read 2,335,853 times
Quote:
...would like to work either part-time or full time...in sale's...I see nice home's in Queen Creek for $180,000 range...
Before you get too excited about the price range, please keep in mind that before the speculative mania of 2005, that size house probably sold for $100K. Arizona is in the midst of a housing bust, and Queen Creek/Pinal is likely the epicenter of that bust.

What am I trying to say? Rent for a year or two first.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 AM

The "bust" has happened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area