Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:29 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,295,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I am SO out of my element here. I don't even believe in the death penalty. I hate this place, I hate this place, I hate this place and the mentality that lurks here.
Yes - the Death Penalty

Don't like it - and it sounds as if you don't - MOVE. I doubt you would be missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,458,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes - the Death Penalty

Don't like it - and it sounds as if you don't - MOVE. I doubt you would be missed.
No, and I won't miss you either. This place is unfair and antiquated. Furthermore, Greatday, my money is on you've never even been down on Durango or Lower Buckeye to see just what you extoll.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
No, and I won't miss you either. This place is unfair and antiquated.
No - it is very fair and very modern

I find it interesting that your only "comment" was about what YOU felt - nothing about a young police officer who was senselessly killed by an illegal immigrant who was drunk -

Don't care about the officers family?

Old 10-25-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
No - it is very fair and very modern

I find it interesting that your only "comment" was about what YOU felt - nothing about a young police officer who was senselessly killed by an illegal immigrant who was drunk -

Don't care about the officers family?
What I care about is the greater good. My guess is that you've never even been down to Durango or Lower Buckeye, not that it matters, but it would lend more credibility to your "experience."

I don't think it's ok for ANYONE to get killed by a drunk driver, and I don't particularly care if they are from this country or not!

Old 10-25-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
What I care about is the greater good. My guess is that you've never even been down to Durango or Lower Buckeye, not that it matters, but it would lend more credibility to your "experience."
Son - I am born and raised in the Valley. I remember Sky Harbor as a grass landing strip -

I have been to Durango and Lower Buckeye a lot - I have represented a lot of the inmates at the jails down there - btw - I won't represent a DUI suspect.

We are purging illegal immigrants from Arizona.

This young officer is a tragic loss. What makes it even more tragic is, of the last four Phx PD officers killed in the line of duty, they have ALL BEEN KILLED BY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Also, IMO, this tragic event will result in an attempt to recall the Mayor of Phoenix.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Son - I am born and raised in the Valley. I remember Sky Harbor as a grass landing strip -

I have been to Durango and Lower Buckeye a lot - I have represented a lot of the inmates at the jails down there - btw - I won't represent a DUI suspect.

We are purging illegal immigrants from Arizona.

This young officer is a tragic loss. What makes it even more tragic is, of the last four Phx PD officers killed in the line of duty, they have ALL BEEN KILLED BY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Also, IMO, this tragic event will result in an attempt to recall the Mayor of Phoenix.
First of all, you condescending person, I am NOT a son. I happen to be female. Grrrr. Second, You need to expand your horizons. Thirdly, I am distracted, as I saw a post which is more important, so I will get back to you.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:55 AM

8,342 posts, read 13,482,567 times
I don't care if the person who killed a cop or any other citizen was legal or illegal. What I care about is the person being a drunk driver. I'd not have any sympathy for the drunk driver if he was a legal citizen anyhow.
I really don't care what people smoke or drink or else, there is freedom in this country but when they are not responsible and hurt or kill someone due to being DUI of whatever, the person should be punished and punished severely. If he killed a person, he should no longer exist either. If he injured someone, he should be thrown in jail first, serve the appropriate term then if legal, be liable to pay for damages, if illegal, he/she should get a boot in the booty.

I truly felt bad for his wife and baby.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:10 AM

134 posts, read 145,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I don't care if the person who killed a cop or any other citizen was legal or illegal. What I care about is the person being a drunk driver. I'd not have any sympathy for the drunk driver if he was a legal citizen anyhow.
I really don't care what people smoke or drink or else, there is freedom in this country but when they are not responsible and hurt or kill someone due to being DUI of whatever, the person should be punished and punished severely. If he killed a person, he should no longer exist either. If he injured someone, he should be thrown in jail first, serve the appropriate term then if legal, be liable to pay for damages, if illegal, he/she should get a boot in the booty.

I truly felt bad for his wife and baby.
Exactly. Neither race nor citizenship status has anything to do with the fact that a young police officer is dead. What is sad is that people use these things for their own political agendas.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 AM

14 posts, read 71,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingthecow View Post
Exactly. Neither race nor citizenship status has anything to do with the fact that a young police officer is dead. What is sad is that people use these things for their own political agendas.

but lets face it, if those illegals werent here in the first place, those 4 cops would still be alive and well.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:39 AM

134 posts, read 145,569 times
Yes, and if people didn't drink and drive in the first place we'd still have roughly 15,000 lives a year that are lost to drinking and driving, and yet you decide to focus on four... why? The fact that the guy was illegal does not make a difference. Far more deaths from drinking and driving are caused by legal citizens, so what? Serious, if the guy were African-American, would you all be talking about the African-American guy that killed this officer? Or, if the illegal was from a European country, would this even be an issue? Nah... Illegal immigration is just an excuse for modern racism, plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area