Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 05:31 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,055,728 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts??? Relocating from CA and want a newish, family friendly neighborhood, 4 bedrooms under $200K. Don't want to commute more than (20 miles) each way to work. Am a Paralegal, husband Restaurant Mgr.
Any pics would also be great!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 05:55 PM

98 posts, read 321,164 times
kinda way way out east. but yeah you can get a house under 200k

Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,339,621 times
Check out Casa Grande also...PLENTY of houses for 150K-200K and its bout the same distance to PHX but right on I 10 vs QC which has a long road to the nearest freeway. Also lots more infrastructure in CG including a new mall with several restaraunts etc.

HOWEVER commute into downtown PHX is gonna be 40-45 mins (no traffic) from EITHER place. But if you only have to go to Tempe,Chandler or Mesa, its under 30 mins from CG and prob bout the same (depending on where in Mesa QC could be closer to east Mesa) from QC.

More infrastructure in CG than QC for now....but eventually both will be the same. QC has ALOT more houses on market right now and is cheaper than CG overall.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,293,471 times
The reason the prices are so great out there is because of the commute. Either get a great house at a great price but have a long commute... or pay a lot more for not as nice a house but have a short commute. Plus, it just depends where you actually get a job.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:05 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,055,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinaz View Post
The reason the prices are so great out there is because of the commute. Either get a great house at a great price but have a long commute... or pay a lot more for not as nice a house but have a short commute. Plus, it just depends where you actually get a job.
Yeah, I get that... I guess what I'm wondering is, where else is there to work as a paralegal rather than downtown???

Old 07-16-2008, 09:15 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,623,277 times
listings like this tell me QC is a great value right now Single Family Home - 1225 E RENEGADE TER, Queen Creek, AZ, 85242 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/realestate/queen+creek-az-85242-1095158290/ - broken link)

Also consider the city of maricopa, closer to phoenix than casa grande, great value right now and there is a lot of commercial development under construction right now. I feel once maricopa has its new one million square feet of additional commercial space open the home values will see an increase. that means getting here while there is a limited amount of retail open would mean better value.

there are law offices in every city here, www.jobing.com, www.careerbuilder.com and www.monster.com are a good source of job listings. If your considering moving to queen creek, maricopa or casa grande you would ideally want to work in those cities, or short commutes would be chandler, gilbert and the south east section of phoenix known as ahwatukee (ah-wha-teo-key).

Old 07-16-2008, 09:41 PM

2,783 posts, read 7,443,931 times
I've got to take issue with the claim in this thread and the other one the OP started that there are law offices everywhere. That's true in the sense that there are small offices that handle DUI, divorce, criminal defense, etc. There are also a few satellite offices of major firms in the suburbs. For the most part, however, the big law firms are in Downtown and Midtown. Likewise, in-house legal departments tend to be at corporate headquarters in major employment centers like Central Phoenix and the Scottsdale Airpark. Queen Creek and Casa Grande are both going to be a long haul from any of those likely workplaces.

My recommendation would be to live more centrally, even if it means renting for a while -- or at least live somewhere with an express bus to Downtown. While your commute would still take an hour, you could at least use the time to read or do something productive. Also, the strategy being used -- choosing a place to live and then looking for a job -- is the opposite of what I'd recommend. It's usually much better to figure out where you'll be working first and then find a good place to live within a reasonable distance of that site. Be careful not to go too much farther out from the center than your work location, though, because you could always end up being transferred to another site on the other side of town.

Last edited by exit2lef; 07-16-2008 at 09:57 PM..

Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,293 times
If you want to live in Queen Creek, you might want to see what Pinal County has available in the way of paralegal jobs. Florence is nearby and it's the county seat. The Superior Court building is there just off Hunt Hwy and SR79. Not much in the way of restaurants there outside of fast food places.

Link to Pinal County Human Resources:
https://www.pinaljobs.com/applicants...=1216273142935

Just doing a quick search, I found at least one opening there for a paralegal II in the public defenders office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area