Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:20 PM

6 posts, read 5,654 times

Advertisements

I just came across this thread in search of yard roaches. There is a vacant house next door to me, which I believe is the problem. Last night I literally saw 100's of german roaches (normally the indoor kind) out in the front yard. They were also in the yard of the vacant house. We just moved in a couple of months ago and there were a bunch inside the house, luckily we killed them and they are now mostly outside. How did you get rid of the problem? Im not sure what to do since the source is the house next door. Spraying some powerful stuff tonight to hopefully help. Never seen anything like this. Also our other next door neighbor is the neighborhood cat lady feeding all the strays. She also has a big pile of trash out in her front yard which is probably not helping the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 01:45 PM

164 posts, read 183,807 times
It's time for you to move. Be sure to shake out your clothes and maybe set of some bug foggers with your possesions before you move to a new place. Stay with a friend for a few days and don't take any roaches there. I had a friend who had his hair styled at Mountain Shadows. He was in the chair there one time and another customer let him know that there was a cockroach running around on his right sock. That's right up there with dragging a four foot streamer of toilet paper (stuck to the bottom of your shoe) through the dining room at the country club.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:15 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azroadtrippin View Post
I just came across this thread in search of yard roaches. There is a vacant house next door to me, which I believe is the problem. Last night I literally saw 100's of german roaches (normally the indoor kind) out in the front yard. They were also in the yard of the vacant house. We just moved in a couple of months ago and there were a bunch inside the house, luckily we killed them and they are now mostly outside. How did you get rid of the problem? Im not sure what to do since the source is the house next door. Spraying some powerful stuff tonight to hopefully help. Never seen anything like this. Also our other next door neighbor is the neighborhood cat lady feeding all the strays. She also has a big pile of trash out in her front yard which is probably not helping the problem.
Call the city.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:20 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,421,268 times
Get yourself some talstar and start spraying!

Old 04-22-2017, 08:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
It seems like these threads pop up every spring here so I'll pass on what I say every year. If you want the least expensive professional treatment that will kill pretty much every pest both in and outside your home and is pet friendly after it dries go on to Amazon and buy Cykick-CS.
It is micro-encapsulated so it re-energizes when a bug crosses it and lasts several months between applications.
It kills scorpions as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Cy-Kick-Contr...ords=cykick+cs

Old 05-02-2017, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,207 times
I've heard boric acid is really good but is it pet friendly?

Old 05-02-2017, 05:47 PM

551 posts, read 693,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Call the city.
This is the correct response. German roaches are not 'yard roaches' - what I thought OP was talking about was the 'wood roach' which prefers dead, rotting leaves and such and prefers to live outside, much like other bugs. German roaches are not that roach.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:59 AM

I called the city and they said they wont do anything to help. I did buy the Cykick spray and it seemed to help some. But Im still seeing roaches outside. We also now wake up every morning to at least 5 or more dead roaches just inside the house at the door. We cant use boric acid, cause we have dogs. Im afraid for when it gets really hot here that they are going to move inside. I HATE roaches.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusland View Post
This is the correct response. German roaches are not 'yard roaches' - what I thought OP was talking about was the 'wood roach' which prefers dead, rotting leaves and such and prefers to live outside, much like other bugs. German roaches are not that roach.
Yes, I know German roaches are not outdoor roaches which is why Im freaked out. There are so many of them, its crazy. Im afraid if they get inside. When we looked at the place we didnt see any until we signed the lease and went in to clean before moving in. They were everywhere inside. They fogged the place before moving in and we have only seen dead ones inside since. But outside is a different story. They are running in the street in the next door neighbors yard and my yard. I haven't looked in any one elses yard, but sure they are there too

Old 05-08-2017, 09:17 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,814 times
where do you live? I want to make sure we dont buy a home on that block!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area