Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,055,958 times

Advertisements

So, I live in a pristine, well cared for community with nice people, trees and grass. In my garage and around my back patio I have found alot of these sewer roaches, mostly dead,but some on their backs and wiggling their legs. Someone else on here stated that the city comes around and sprays the sewers to get rid of these bugs? Is that true? They don't bother me, but some of these ugly brown things are big. My cat likes to eat geckos when she can catch them. I would rather she wouldn't feast on these insects too. Comments??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 11:58 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
I know they do that in Tempe, and that's how I find them when I find them, If you are finding them in that condition, I'd assume whatever city you are in just did the same thing.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,997,773 times
I've always associated them more with pools and sewer hookups than anything your else. They seem to frequent pool pumps and sewer connections.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 7,202 times
Hi...I am having the same problem with those ugly roaches....They bother me big time...and I am wondering if you know
of any product to eliminate them. I know because last year I found one in my living room and I know they come up the
drains...some drains I can cover when not in use...others I can't. All I did was leave little caps of boric acid under the couch and outside to give them a little treat!! They will come inside and I want to make sure that does not happen.
I have them on a screened in patio and also on my front open patio.

By the way a couple of years ago I had a cat that was bit on the head and I am wondering if one of these bit him...so beware.

I can recommend a great ant product that really works and that is Terro but I went online and they do not have one
for roaches.

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE RECOMMEND ANYTHING TO HELP RID SEWER ROACHES IN AND AROUND THE HOME?

Old 08-05-2012, 02:30 PM

453 posts, read 1,628,013 times
I have them in my garage, I can't stand it. Everytime I go in there and turn the light on, there they are. YUCK!!! Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Old 08-05-2012, 02:31 PM

453 posts, read 1,628,013 times
Oh, I have no pool and live in a very nice community, where the heck are they coming from? They are huge.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
I have them in my garage, I can't stand it. Everytime I go in there and turn the light on, there they are. YUCK!!! Does anyone know how to get rid of them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
Oh, I have no pool and live in a very nice community, where the heck are they coming from? They are huge.
Call the applicable city and ask them to treat the sewers in your area. Out in the garage, take a mixture of boric acid crystals and flour and sprinkle it along the baseboards and doorways. Sometimes, you can buy it already mixed together, I've seen it at Walgreens. You can use it in the house and patio areas, too, if you don't have pets and small children to get into it.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,055,958 times
They don't get into my house because I do my own spraying around the perimeter foundation at least 3 times a year. Purchase Demand CS from Do It Yourself Pest Control (online) and a cheap sprayer. Keeps the scorpions outside too. I just don't think the city of Chandler cares about roaches in my garage !

Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 PM

Don't tell them they ate just in your garage. Or, just use the boric acid method.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:04 PM

9,524 posts, read 16,507,823 times
I just moved to Phoenix and I am renting a 2 bedroom home in Surprise. Its a retirement community and so far I pretty much like it. I only moved in this week on Monday. Everything seemed fine until Tuesday night, when I went into one of the bathrooms. I saw what I thought were mice running along the tub. When I realized they were some type of bug. A large roach looking type bug I thought you have got to be kidding. I killed them and made sure the drain plug was closed, as I assumed they came from the drain. The following AM I called the landlord and this is what I was told. Pour draino down the drain so I did. I found a few more the next day. One was in the living room agan a very large looking type roach. (If in fact that is what they are). I then Callled the landlord again, and was told she would see when the community sprayed around the house. That If I wanted them to spray inside the house I could pay them to do it.

My question is in Arizona is this how it is done? The tenant at least in a rental house pays for the spraying and not the landlord. I don't know and have no one to ask? I thought it was rather cold for the landlord, not to take a more thoughtful stance on such a problem with a new teant. It has left me feeling what will I see next with this landlord. Since I have noticed other behaviors that signal me they just wanted the money and a signed lease. Such as saying they wanted to come over to fix something and would I be home so they could come in. I would say yes and the time was set for them to come and they never show up. That has happened twice this week.

I'm liking Arizona but this behavior is making me skeptical of at least my situation. I can't believe in a retirement community I would see this type of uncaring behavior, especially when the tenant is brand new in Arizona. I would think they would want to keep me evidently they could care less. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area