Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 01:51 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times

Advertisements

Reedus, you're doing all the right things, and it will turn out ok for you. I'm on the board of our HOA and if this were in our community, your boat, as it is in the photo, would be a non-issue. I'm confident that will be the position of the property manager when you're able to check in with him after his return.

It may be all over as soon as he returns. However, I would suggest that you attend a few board meetings so as to learn what your neighbor board members are doing for your community. Get to know them and the projects they're working on. You may even want to become involved in some of the projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 02:17 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,729,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBradley View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:52 PM
RCR

264 posts, read 909,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertspiritsteve View Post
I'll never understand why people buy a place with a HOA when they have no intention of complying. My sister bought in N. Scottsdale in the mid 80's. Her HOA didn't permit playground equipment showing over the wall or having metal storage sheds in the yard. They made the stucco wall higher next to the house and put a metal storage shed there. No one could ever see it and they could continue to be closet pack rats. It worked until there was a summer storm with high winds. The winds picked the shed up and slammed it down in the middle of the front yard across the street. Busted. It tore up the neighbor's expensive landscaping. Couldn't you just rent a boat when you need one or rent covered storage for it somewhere else? All those black tire marks on the driveway are a give-away to something going on behind the gate. The tire marks go off of your drive way and through the yard next door. I just looked at the photo again and see a river rock and a red brick on the stucco wall at the corner of the garage. Are those milk crates stacked up and a wide open garage door? Don't blame the next-door neighbor for turning you in...it could be the people across the street or drivers by who don't like the looks of your place. Those are really nice looking gates. You could turn in the next door neighbor for the bad wood in their gate and make them replace the wood with nice wood like your gates have. I wish the photo had been taken a little to the right so we could see what's going on in that wide open garage. If this goes to court you won't want Judge Judy looking at that picture.

This is exactly the kind of response that gets HOAs referred to as "Nazis". The OP has done more than enough to comply. If there is something going on behind the gate that is nobody's business nor is what is going on in that wide open garage. I think if Judge Judy was to look at the photo she would laugh the complainer out of court.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
What I find funny is homes that are built and advertised with an" RV" gate but you cannot put an "RV" behind them without being in violation of a rule unless said "RV" height can change from 10-12 feet in height to 6 feet.
Not many "RV's" I know of can do that. Maybe it's not a "boat" gate?

Old 07-05-2013, 01:30 PM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What I find funny is homes that are built and advertised with an" RV" gate but you cannot put an "RV" behind them without being in violation of a rule unless said "RV" height can change from 10-12 feet in height to 6 feet.
Not many "RV's" I know of can do that. Maybe it's not a "boat" gate?
The "RV gate" is installed to allow the big equipment into the backyard if you want to build a pool. The purpose of these gates is NOT to allow RV's in the backyard in an HOA community. But I agree that the name "RV gate" is misleading.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
The "RV gate" is installed to allow the big equipment into the backyard if you want to build a pool. The purpose of these gates is NOT to allow RV's in the backyard in an HOA community. But I agree that the name "RV gate" is misleading.
I'm sorry, that doesn't make sense.

If that's the case then how come I don't have one and I'm on the largest lot on the street but one or two neighbors do have one, one of them in fact has a concrete pad inside the RV gate?

Old 07-07-2013, 07:00 PM

200 posts, read 413,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertspiritsteve View Post
I'll never understand why people buy a place with a HOA when they have no intention of complying. My sister bought in N. Scottsdale in the mid 80's. Her HOA didn't permit playground equipment showing over the wall or having metal storage sheds in the yard. They made the stucco wall higher next to the house and put a metal storage shed there. No one could ever see it and they could continue to be closet pack rats. It worked until there was a summer storm with high winds. The winds picked the shed up and slammed it down in the middle of the front yard across the street. Busted. It tore up the neighbor's expensive landscaping. Couldn't you just rent a boat when you need one or rent covered storage for it somewhere else? All those black tire marks on the driveway are a give-away to something going on behind the gate. The tire marks go off of your drive way and through the yard next door. I just looked at the photo again and see a river rock and a red brick on the stucco wall at the corner of the garage. Are those milk crates stacked up and a wide open garage door? Don't blame the next-door neighbor for turning you in...it could be the people across the street or drivers by who don't like the looks of your place. Those are really nice looking gates. You could turn in the next door neighbor for the bad wood in their gate and make them replace the wood with nice wood like your gates have. I wish the photo had been taken a little to the right so we could see what's going on in that wide open garage. If this goes to court you won't want Judge Judy looking at that picture.

Why on earth should he have to rent a boat? Do people really care about tire marks on driveways? Wide open garage door?? Heaven forbid...why should anyone care about what's in HIS garage??
"Turning in your neighbor" ...why not just talk to your neighbor if you have a problem , instead of turning him in?
Just wondering.....
Threads like this make me glad I live where I do, and thankful of my neighbors.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 PM

183 posts, read 550,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'd have to disagree with that one.
"rv gates" are for rv's...."Double gates" are for building pools.
I went through this hassle with my builder, cause I was ticked off that I couldn't get a small delivery truck through my "double gates" in my back yard to deliver rock.
I can't even fit my full size chevy through them.
It's going to be a bobcat for the pool

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,746,654 times
I am usually in the "abide by the rules that you signed up for" camp but this seems a bit ridiculous.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,694,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
I am usually in the "abide by the rules that you signed up for" camp but this seems a bit ridiculous.
When the average hoa has 20+ pages of rules & cc&r's, it's difficult to comply with all of the ones that are even clearly spelled out, much less the ones that are open to interpretation..

My cc&r's require that "the garage door only be opened long enough for a vehicle to enter or exit the garage".. not sure how you enforce a rule like that *without* getting called a "nazi".. the rule makes sense, I don't want to have a view of a messy garage, but there is no nice way to enforce that rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area