Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times

Advertisements

Never rely on what others say about an area until you see it yourself! I made this mistake when I moved to the Valley a long time area. People said "Oh that area is fine" because it was proximal to a nice area. 5 miles is a huge divide! You absolutely can find yourself in a ghetto area in a 5 mile radius.

Furthermore, you need to see the apartment complex itself. Certain apartments tend to attract a certain crowd. And i've seen these types of apartments in nice ares. Just because the location is nice, don't assume the apartment is. Apartments can vary in terms of how they check their residents background and standards regarding who they allow to live in their apartment. Apartment complexes serve as their own little community and if your neighbors are sketchy, it's the same as living in a bad neighborhood. The best time to evaluate an apartment complex is at night because you can see how quiet it is. You can see who lives there at night as opposed to the day when the residents are usually gone. Apartments can be drastically different at night where it's much more loud and rowdy when the management staff have left for the day.

The respondents above are probably right about the area but you want to see it for yourself regardless if they are right or wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taradene View Post
I definitely don't need sirens going off all the time with a 5 month old and two year old haha! I actually yelped this apartment complex and the reviews were horrid!! Sounded a lot like the place we live in now... Burglaries, bad management, bad maintenance, inside of apt falling apart etc I found another great place with excellent reviews called trillium at deer valley! 20425 north 7th street 85024
The closest youll get to noise there is the small airport is a block or two north of that. The biggest problem with noise there (assuming you dont get much from the highway 101) is the helicoptors overhead (search and youll find plenty of people and threads who think its too much). Other than that, your new apt choice is in a nicer area; its just all industrial and business to the north, with mountains and open plots near by east and west and the 101 right to the south. So it appears to be a little more secluded then most of the other apts around here. Its not within walking distance of everything you could NEED like the last one, I actually think its not within walking distance of anything (except the gas station south of the 101). If thats not preferred I could probably think of a few that are pretty close to this area. You definately picked out two of the nicer apts around so I think I can see where youre going for.. Other than the area I dont know about the apt itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: