Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,427 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone.

I’ll be moving to the Phoenix area this September for a 4-5 months work assignment. I'm 27 years old and single. Any recommendations for an apartment complex in the Biltmore area, downtown phoenix? My budget is 2,000, including utilities and fees. I would prefer a furnished place.

Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 03:59 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,443,128 times
Furnished is going to be hard to find, though with that budget you could rent furniture. I'm sure others will chime in with some apartment locations-- you should have a lot of choices.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM

357 posts, read 712,350 times
During the real estate boom many apartments were turned into condos so I'd consider a realtor to find a place based on your requirements. There are lots of places in the Biltmore area that are used as rentals so I think you should be able to find something - especially because you'll be gone before February/March which are very high months for rentals. Look at Optima at 24th and Camelback for very high end, full of amenities, and can walk to many bars and restaurants (the entire Esplanade and Biltmore mall are literally across the intersection). Meridian Condos are less high end but still very nice at 32nd and Camelback and very walkable to a high end burger spot, a couple Italian spots, grocery store, coffee place, etc.

Those are just the first two off the top of my head but with your budget you will have a lot of options and should do just fine. Check out Craigslist too.

Also, I'm in my 20's as well and the two intersections I mentioned have plenty of places you can grab a drink or sit at the bar for a decent meal if you're dining solo (24th and Camelback more so). You're also an easy $20 cab ride to Old Town Scottsdale for nightlife and close for Biltmore/Arcadia nightlife. Downtown can be pretty quiet on non game days but it depends on where you'll be working and the vibe you're looking for.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:14 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,173,112 times
It shouldn't be too difficult to find a short term rental that's furnished... that's kinda the point of short term.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
It shouldn't be too difficult to find a short term rental that's furnished... that's kinda the point of short term.

True. The OP could look at a search on corporate rentals and see what turns up.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 PM

15 posts, read 34,141 times
I cam across this website looking up downtown and midtown condo rentals, it gives you some furnished options, it looks like there are some good units to choose from.

Loft and High Rise Condominiums for Rent in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe and More.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,427 times
Thank you very much for all your help so far. I'll check out all the places you guys listed. I'll also keep looking at craigslist to see if anything pops up.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 AM

8,045 posts, read 12,278,082 times
I always feel the need to remind posters that Biltmore is different than the nearby Camelback East area. Biltmore's boundaries are 32nd Street on the east, 24th Street on the West, Lincoln on the north, and Camelback on the south. Both areas have similarities, but Biltmore is VERY expensive and caters to the upper crust. Basically, you need to be independently wealthy to afford living in the Biltmore area. Camelback East is generally middle to upper middle class, and has some very nice condos & apartments for the price the OP is looking for.

Downtown Phoenix is further away from Biltmore/Camelback East, although not a super long commute in most cases. I know that downtown now has some highrise condos & apartments that didn't exist five or ten years ago. Most of them are higher end, but not too out of reach in most cases. 44 Monroe is the first building that comes to mind, which was originally supposed to be condos, but I understand it was converted to apartments after the real estate market went through the downturn.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I always feel the need to remind posters that Biltmore is different than the nearby Camelback East area. Biltmore's boundaries are 32nd Street on the east, 24th Street on the West, Lincoln on the north, and Camelback on the south. Both areas have similarities, but Biltmore is VERY expensive and caters to the upper crust. Basically, you need to be independently wealthy to afford living in the Biltmore area. Camelback East is generally middle to upper middle class, and has some very nice condos & apartments for the price the OP is looking for.

Downtown Phoenix is further away from Biltmore/Camelback East, although not a super long commute in most cases. I know that downtown now has some highrise condos & apartments that didn't exist five or ten years ago. Most of them are higher end, but not too out of reach in most cases. 44 Monroe is the first building that comes to mind, which was originally supposed to be condos, but I understand it was converted to apartments after the real estate market went through the downturn.
I don't know about "independently wealthy" to live in an apartment within the boundary described, but doing a search by ZIP code, I don't see any apartment listings in that area. There are several literally just outside of those boundaries, in several directions, that would be well within your range. That said, Camelback East, downtown, or other locations going on up Central Avenue are all good options.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,278,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I don't know about "independently wealthy" to live in an apartment within the boundary described, but doing a search by ZIP code, I don't see any apartment listings in that area. There are several literally just outside of those boundaries, in several directions, that would be well within your range. That said, Camelback East, downtown, or other locations going on up Central Avenue are all good options.
There are some apartments in the Biltmore area, but they are right on the boundary. Del Prado on 32nd Street north of Camelback is one apartment complex that comes to mind. Needless to say, it's a very nice development, and the rental costs are going to be on the more expensive side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area