Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:34 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
1500 condos????? OMG! That IS massive.
I actually looked into one of those condos before they broke ground. Apparently it's a mixed development, vacation homes, Active adult community & homeowners which is probably why it's so big.

That was also the place this last summer where the basement parking garages were flooded during a monsoon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I actually looked into one of those condos before they broke ground. Apparently it's a mixed development, vacation homes, Active adult community & homeowners which is probably why it's so big.

That was also the place this last summer where the basement parking garages were flooded during a monsoon!
I really don't remember the vacation home and active adult community. I remember just condos, and lots of them! Haha that's funny that their messed up parking garage got flooded. I didn't like the whole underground mess they had. One of the floorplans I really liked, but I didn't want to spend $400-500k for a condo.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
That's what they told me when I went back in '05 but maybe the plans were changed as they started building.

The prices weren't set for the phase I was looking at but the sign out front said from the 200's. I guess the hot market drove those prices up too!

I'm with ya though. There are plenty of REALLY nice houses for that amount of money.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:09 AM

111 posts, read 226,307 times
Desert Ridge area is nice, especially if you like the desert look and landscaping. The only downsides are that the commute on 51 is horrific (basically LA traffic on that particular freeway) and the surface streets near the Desert Ridge complex are very congested.

I'd recommend staying west of Scottsdale Road only because having a Scottsdale address means paying a substantial premium more for the same exact house in the same area. Save 10-20% by staying on the Phx side of Scottsdale Road.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:36 PM

162 posts, read 543,000 times
what would commute times to banner good Samaritan medical center be from these northern suburbs??

Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 PM

41 posts, read 164,344 times
I think you can count on a 45 minute commute.

You can check out the 3 school districts at GreatSchools.net. PV and Deer Valley are bigger districts than CC. I like the smallness of the CC district, but you will get more bells and whistles with PV (make sense?).

Desert Ridge to Banner Good Samaritan is probably about a 40 minute commute in rush hour (but I am guessing). It take me 50-60 minutes to get to downtown from Cave Creek during rush hour.

Don't freak out about 1500 condos. The real Desert Ridge number that may freak you out: it has been designated as an area for high density development. I believe that by the time it is developed, there will be 30,000 housing units!

I know there are supposed to be some good deals in the Cave Creek/Pinnacle Peak new builds. I am not sure about the schools (not sure doesn't mean bad, it just means unfamiliar), but there is open enrollment here and you wouldn't be far from some good Cave Creek or PV schools if you don't like the schools they are zoned for. There are some big budget shortfalls by the state that will effect all of the state's school budgets next year. The only way for schools to qualify for more money is to get more students. Hence, most districts are advertising for kids.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:12 PM

10 posts, read 23,874 times
Are you looking to rent or buy as soon as you move here?? I live in this area, Tatum and Deer Valley off of 40th street. It's a nice area compared to what the rest of Phoenix has to offer. I have been here for 8 months and I have a rental in the Fiesta Desert Ridge community. A lot of the houses are for sale and some are bank owned. I am moving back to Fl in July. You can take over my lease. I pay 1269 a month and my best neighbor is from Seattle too. She likes the area better that Seattle. angiequilty@hotmail.com

Old 03-27-2008, 12:33 AM

8 posts, read 82,678 times
i recommend the area just south of 101 off of Tatum. We actually just moved to Tatum and Union Hills. Our commute to Desert Ridge is like 5 minutes. My wife works near Scottsdale Airport and her commute is 15 minutes with traffic and mine is 25 minutes down 51 south to Camelback, not far from Biltmore. So far we have been here 1 month and the area is nice, it also helps to be in a new house that had crazy incentives.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:46 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,207,167 times
I believe that by the time it is developed, there will be 30,000 housing units!

That is essentially a small CITY in and of itself. Again wow.

TX_2_PHX: Welcome to the neighborhood! Glad to hear you are enjoying your new home. Scottsdale Airport is right at Kierland-suggest this weekend you meet your wife after work and take her to dinner-some nice restaurants there. ;-) I work on Camelback too but I am near Fashion Square (about 5 maybe mile east of where you describe you work), so I just take Scottsdale Rd all the way straight down and dont have to chance the freeways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area