Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 01:31 PM

170 posts, read 327,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:

This is not a true statement and you are obviously unhappy in one of the fastest growing states in the country. Good Luck on your move,please let me know if you have a house to sell I know 40 people that would like to buy it if the price is right.
That IS a true statement. You have trippple degree temps in May, Jun, July, August, Sept and Cotober. 6 months!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM

39,182 posts, read 51,544,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normcrok8 View Post
That IS a true statement. You have trippple degree temps in May, Jun, July, August, Sept and Cotober. 6 months!!
What you said is everyday and that is not true and you know it. The temp stays consistently over 100 starting in late May or early June and that ends in mid September. So it's 3 1/2 months not 6!!!! And while it is somewhat subjective, the only bad part of that is when there is a little humidity that makes mornings and evenings unpleasant. That from early July to early Sep or a mere 8 weeks. That leaves 44 weeks of reasonably pleasant weather. Even if you take out May and half of October, you have over 30 weeks straight of weather to die for. That's day after day, not a day here a day there like most places - STRAIGHT. It's paradise.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,146,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen431 View Post
It's my understanding that Phoenix might not be very good for people with asthma. It was ranked as one of the top 5 cities in asthma related deaths.
Considering the OP's are two RN's, I wonder if they really wanted anyone here's advice on asthma care.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:51 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,668,258 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What you said is everyday and that is not true and you know it. The temp stays consistently over 100 starting in late May or early June and that ends in mid September. So it's 3 1/2 months not 6!!!! And while it is somewhat subjective, the only bad part of that is when there is a little humidity that makes mornings and evenings unpleasant. That from early July to early Sep or a mere 8 weeks. That leaves 44 weeks of reasonably pleasant weather. Even if you take out May and half of October, you have over 30 weeks straight of weather to die for. That's day after day, not a day here a day there like most places - STRAIGHT. It's paradise.
Oooh! I can fix this with actual data.
It's not 100 on average in May or September or October.
May averages 94 and 61 for daily highs and lows.
September averages 99 and 70
October numbers are 89 and 59.
The only months with averages in the 100's are June (104) July (106) and August (104).
All people on this forum talk about is that it's 115 degrees from May thru October and it's just plain false and here is the data.

Intellicast - Local Weather Forecast, Reports and Maps

People don't talk about the days when it's only in the 90's during the summer. Yes, it really happens all the time but nobody complains about that. As many times as it's above 110 hence the average temp of 104, 106 and 104 in June, July and August respectively.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:52 PM

603 posts, read 949,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
Considering the OP's are two RN's, I wonder if they really wanted anyone here's advice on asthma care.
It's possible.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/breva...l#post24433405

Old 05-25-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Or likely even. I don't understand how joe anybody on the internet could know more about what city features favor asthma than an RN with asthma. Sometimes I think it's half B.S.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:44 PM

603 posts, read 949,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
Or likely even. I don't understand how joe anybody on the internet could know more about what city features favor asthma than an RN with asthma. Sometimes I think it's half B.S.
All I know is I don't think anyone with any kind of respiratory condition would want to be in Phoenix today. Have you seen the skies out there today? It's gross.
At first I thought my car windows were covered in dirt.... Nope. That's the air.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:03 PM

170 posts, read 327,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Spoken like a true Phoenician. Paradise?? LOL!!! If Phoenix is Paradise, then I would hate to see hell. Late May? Dont think so. Dude....you hit 100-degrees like May 10, and it will last to Mid October. Thats six months as I said. Everybody knows it. You can distort, sugarcoat, manipulate and sell snake oil Arizona all you want, but it wont change the truth. That is my opinion and my observation, and it wont change. Arizona is the only place Ive lived where people used lies to sell their state----because they know people wouldnt move there if the truth were known.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 PM

17,916 posts, read 43,619,104 times
Quote:
That IS a true statement. You have triple degree temps in May, Jun, July, August, Sept and Cotober. 6 months!!
But not the entire month, every year, which is what you implied.

Quote:
All I know is I don't think anyone with any kind of respiratory condition would want to be in Phoenix today. Have you seen the skies out there today? It's gross.
At first I thought my car windows were covered in dirt.... Nope. That's the air.
A lot of the present visible air quality issues are due to the fires. That's not to say there aren't problems, but some of them are very transitory.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:08 PM

It's May 27th and 78 degrees. It's HELL, I'm tellin ya.

I have to laugh at the idea that the 5th largest city in the country is that way because the residents were lied to about the climate and never noticed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area