Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:44 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
OK - off topic... but WELCOME BACK Captain!!! I've missed your posts...
Thanks Tired, I've been rather busy with several projects and find it difficult to keep up with all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 01:58 PM

11 posts, read 16,114 times
Welcome to an HOA neighborhood! Give it a couple years and you will realize that the day you signed those documents to buy that house was the day you gave all of your rights to that property away. You will NEVER will against an HOA because you signed the documents voluntarily. They controll your property, dont pay your HOA dues and they can forclose your home. They are 1st to be paid if you have a balance when you sell the home. They tell you how many cars can park on the outside of your property! People dont realize this until its too late. Im one of those ppl. Good Luck... hope you learn your lesson as i have.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:39 PM

654 posts, read 1,495,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdbllung View Post
Welcome to an HOA neighborhood! Give it a couple years and you will realize that the day you signed those documents to buy that house was the day you gave all of your rights to that property away. You will NEVER will against an HOA because you signed the documents voluntarily. They controll your property, dont pay your HOA dues and they can forclose your home. They are 1st to be paid if you have a balance when you sell the home. They tell you how many cars can park on the outside of your property! People dont realize this until its too late. Im one of those ppl. Good Luck... hope you learn your lesson as i have.
Did they really foreclose on your home?

Exaggerate much

Old 06-06-2014, 04:25 PM

11 posts, read 16,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
Did they really foreclose on your home?

Exaggerate much

Yes they can! Its happened quite often actually! Its not an exaggeration whatsoever, get educated before you speak!

Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Yes they can! Its happened quite often actually! Its not an exaggeration whatsoever, get educated before you speak!
Perhaps you ought to come up with some links to illustrate your argument . Sources are always helpful to back up a point like this.

Here's one with some useful information. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...eclosures.html

Old 06-06-2014, 06:42 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,109,886 times
Quote:
While it can happen and has, it is a real rare occurrence. .

Old 06-07-2014, 06:25 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
That's why I love an HOA. Some people lack common sense when it comes to painting their homes weird colors, leaving junker cars outside their homes, letting their grass turn into a weed jungle, and a host of other irritating habits. Generally speaking, the people who hate HOA's have some of these bad habits and don't appreciate being told what to do on their property. The solution is simple: know what you signed.

Quote:
Good! Like my other paying HOA neighbors, we chip in to keep the 14 parks up, pay for the club house, pool, maintain all of the boulevards etc. If a deadbeat thinks he doesn't have to pay and shift the $$'s on me and my paying neighbors, I say extract those $$'s any way they can including foreclosure. I don't want to pay another persons portion because they don't appreciate a rule that others want in order to keep up everyones values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area