Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:20 PM

27 posts, read 61,199 times

Advertisements

Wahoo! We purchased a home at the end of August, and I got a check in the mail last Saturday from my Realtor. It was for over $2000!

My Realtor's name is Scott. I wrote him a little email saying thanks, but I feel like it was kind of lame and the only way to let him know I appreciate him is to get him some referrals.

So here is his website for those of you who are searching for a Realtor.Moderator cut: no links to real estate sites allowed He gives you half of his commission on the purchase. All the details are on the site.

He has been in business for over 20 years and has lived in the valley for even longer. We are first-time home buyers, and he helped us every step of the way. There were so many instances when I thought he was being a little too cautious, but in the end, he was always right.

I was kind of concerned that our distance would be a bother, but it wasn't. We bought on the west side, he is on the east side. It was never a problem.

Every time I called or emailed him with a question, he had a response within a few hours, if not sooner. I even feel bad for writing him on the weekends because he would always write back so quick, and I was making him work odd hours.

So if you loved your Realtor, tell us why. Maybe this can be a thread that will help others decide who they should use in the future.

And be sure to check out Scott's website above...it is so nice to get paid to buy a house.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-15-2009 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: RE link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,843,599 times
edited

Last edited by Captain Bill; 09-08-2009 at 08:25 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM

477 posts, read 1,588,410 times
Is this legal?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:07 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,461,502 times
I think it's just an ad, or a scam.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:11 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,597,939 times
Why would someone bother giving you half their commission? Why not just originally charge half commission in the first place?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:05 AM

6,511 posts, read 9,915,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
Why would someone bother giving you half their commission? Why not just originally charge half commission in the first place?
Because the seller usually pays the fee, the agent was the buyers agent and split with them it appears.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 AM

9,919 posts, read 11,344,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
I think it's just an ad, or a scam.

Well.. In other posts, the Op recommended JCPenny for studio services, a window tinting company, refrigeration company etc. Maybe he wants to recommend people that have helped him.

According to his website:

"Why do I offer such a generous commission rebate? Because it's fair - you're helping to locate your home - so you should share in the commission. I'm the BROKER/Owner of my company - I don't have to split the commission with a "broker" so the "split" goes to you. "

Other agents are on City-Data to market their services so I'd assume there isn't a problem with a referral.

He has a point. I just booked marked his site.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:50 AM

39,197 posts, read 51,614,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Well.. In other posts, the Op recommended JCPenny for studio services, a window tinting company, refrigeration company etc. Maybe he wants to recommend people that have helped him.

According to his website:

"Why do I offer such a generous commission rebate? Because it's fair - you're helping to locate your home - so you should share in the commission. I'm the BROKER/Owner of my company - I don't have to split the commission with a "broker" so the "split" goes to you. "

Other agents are on City-Data to market their services so I'd assume there isn't a problem with a referral.

He has a point. I just booked marked his site.
It would be good to see some competitive pricing with realtors. Still, the over the top enthusiasm of this recommendation makes me skeptical. Proceed with caution.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM

682 posts, read 2,575,378 times
Zip Realty also splits part of their commission with their buyers and sellers, so this company is not alone in this approach to business.

altus2006

Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 AM

930 posts, read 2,431,606 times
I actually appreciated his referal. Some of the realtors I use also rebate 2/3s of their commission. I believe this is the wave of the future, and the internet has given us all the same MLS access now. I can count bedrooms and bathrooms on my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area