Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:52 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,774,744 times

Advertisements

We were also confused when we started looking. The very best cure for that is to come on over and start visiting the different developments and areas. I wish we had this web site when we started out, it would have saved us thousands of dollars in airfare and hotels. Sun City Grand is a little dry for our taste. It is nicely done, with a wonderful water feature entry, we just do not love the architecture of the homes or the endless rock yards. Sun City West is a little older, but you can find a very nice home there as well. Del Webb has another new development in Buckeye and we liked the homes and loved the prices, but it was waaaay out in Buckeye with no shopping. There is a new store going in right in front of the entrance and it should be done within the year.

Trilogy, by far, is our favorite. The architect that did the clubhouse and the restaurant is an award winning architect and he nailed this one. The homes were done by a CA firm and they are some of our favorite residential architects. We still enjoy walking though the model homes there. There is plenty to choose from, so you must come out for a tour. Sun City West would stretch your dollar more, but Trilogy would lift your spirits far more.

Last edited by MotleyCrew; 09-13-2007 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,972,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sing4him View Post
I just moved from Chicago to Avondale. Most people havent heard of it - but the city is boominG!! It's like living in Schaumburg w/a small town feel to it. The north side of Avondale is the nicest - and the newest area. Places to rent are reasonably priced and close to EVERYTHING!! The freeway is a block away - not to mention Walmart, kohls, Frys, and TONS of places to eat. IT's in a great location!!
Oh no.......us Phoenix folks have heard of Avondale trust me.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 PM

343 posts, read 554,578 times
I would go CRAZY.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:13 PM

132 posts, read 593,827 times
my suggestion would be Estrella Mountain area (Goodyear). Del Webb is building communities over there.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 AM

63 posts, read 265,215 times
Default I live in Arrowhead Area

The zip here is 85310 and 85308 - Arrowhead Ranch, Arrowhead Lakes, Hillcrest Ranch, Patrick Ranch, Sierra Verde, Terramar, Stetson Hills - all areas and /or subdivisions in this general area. Homes are from 20 years old to brand new. You can find a smallish 3 br/2 ba 2 car garage for mid $250's. Neighborhoods are mixed in age groups. Caution though - since the investors came here in 2004 and 2005, there are alot of rentals in this area now, versus basically zero rentals (all resident homeowners) prior to that. Bad for us homeowners, good for you if you want to rent before purchasing. As far as I know, we all have HOA's here. Also, you may want to look at Fletcher Heights in Peoria - practically next door to us here in Arrowhead, but newer area.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:26 PM

There is another age restricted development called Westpark in Peoria. The homes are decent and the place always seems so clean. I know that there are reasonably priced units in there. You may want to put that on your list as well.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:31 PM

611 posts, read 2,311,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Trilogy, by far, is our favorite. The architect that did the clubhouse and the restaurant is an award winning architect and he nailed this one. The homes were done by a CA firm and they are some of our favorite residential architects. We still enjoy walking though the model homes there. There is plenty to choose from, so you must come out for a tour. Sun City West would stretch your dollar more, but Trilogy would lift your spirits far more.
Motley Crew, since there are multiple Trilogys, I believe the Trilogy that you are referring to is Trilogy at Vistancia, right?

Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 AM

Great Joy, yes. I am sorry I did not make that clear. Shea Homes builds Trilogy developments all over the U.S., and they just made J.D. Power's list for best active adult home builders. The Trilogy across from Vistancia is beautiful and the architecture was well done. The one that we would like to go and see as soon as the models are finished is the new Encantera development. I hear it is going to be ultra posh and the finishes spectacular. I am sure it will be over our budget, but fun to tour.
As a note, Centex Homes was number one overall for builder satisfaction.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:48 AM

611 posts, read 2,311,603 times
chicagocarol, I noticed in another thread that you mentioned you also have friends in Prescott Valley and Mesa (in addition to your Sun City West friends). If I were you I would focus on the NW area of greater Phoenix. Sure you have friends in Mesa, but living in the NW valley you would be closer to at least 2 of your 3 friends. And, besides there are quite a few nice subdivisions in the NW that meet your criteria. Just a thought.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 AM

88 posts, read 483,332 times
Thank you all so much for your help. As we won't be limited as tto where we buy, in some ways, it does make it more complicated to zero in where to go. Does that make sense? Can anyone tell me abit more about the Prescott Valley area? Is it really abit cooler there in the summer than say, Gilbert would be? (Read that somewhere) Are homes pricey? Sometimes I wish that we didn't have so many choices... We know what we want in a [i]home[i] it is just where! Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area