Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 10:08 PM

28 posts, read 67,237 times

Advertisements

I applied to the teaching fellows in Arizona and currently have an interview there in February. It is an alternate certification program similar to Teach for America, and was wondering if anyone had any info about the program. I know that if I get into the program, there would be a 6 week training course over the summer, but I'm not guaranteed a job at the end of it. They help you to set up interviews and get in contact with schools, but it is up to me to secure a job. I was wondering how the job market was for teachers there? I have been accepted to interviews in a couple of other places as well that Im also interested in like Charlotte and Denver, but can't afford to be flying all over the country for interviews, so I'd like to go whereever i have the best chance of being successful.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 03:13 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,490 times
Everyone says there are no jobs here, but I guarantee there are many. So many of my friends and even in my school, work in buildings where there are still openings. We have 3 openings now and about 5 district-wide. I can name at elast 10 jobs I know of that will take people now, today! If you are certified in science, math, special ed. technology, you will do better. I am a HS sped teacher and have a few offers every summer that I turn down, but it is nice to know they are offering. Secure your future by sticking to a field where there is a higher demand and make sure you are highly qualified for or qualifiable for the position you want prior to going in for an interview. There are plenty more in the Phoenix area, too. I would say go for it and you'll find something. It might nto be the place or grade you want right away, but you will find something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area