Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraman View Post
You tore me apart Mick. I just had a good cry. Thanks for that. I think I needed it.

Well thank you, its a true story. It tore my family apart. I was so dazed, that when I went to my Mothers house that day, I simply was not thinking about my sisters blood being all over my clothes. That broke my mother apart, and I had to go change clothes. Unthinking, I was simply numb!

Such things can cause an intense search for the meaning of life, and the senselessness of bizzare deaths. Yet I have discovered that there is a meaning behind it all; and it looks good for humanitys future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OStater View Post
Would that it could be true...

Well I believe its true. History is the unfolding of Gods will, the future is the established will of God, Humans are the focus of God in both. And it is his will that all of humanity comes into the knowledge of the truth.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Wow. Gods will really sucks.

Well his will certainly can be misunderstood by humans, thats for sure.

Hes just not like us. He is not human, and he is not concerned with our " Hissy fits against him."

And we are most fortunate of that.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Cool, so what did we "misunderstand" about jews being wiped out in Europe? What do we "misunderstand" about the systematic rape and murder of innocent Africans all over the continent? Will he get to his point already?

Well we need to understand that humans did these things, not God. But God could have stopped it, he didnot. Why? Well its because as you have implied; Hes not yet reached his point. One aspect of which is what these events prove and show, is what we would do " Without God intervening." How humans would live without him. What it would come down to without his rule and presence.

We would kill ourselves and destroy this planet; thats one point God is relentlessly going to drive home into humanity. And listen, there is no such thing as an eternal punishing hell, don't you believe that, and stop listing that on your lists of gripes against God, its not true. Its a christian misunderstanding.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Your bible claims that God is both a loving God, and ominpotent God, yes?

Well we know one of those is a lie, don't we?

Again the use of sarcasm, which is related to scarcasm, intentionally scaring somethingelse. I offer you the unique opportunity to participate in my upcomming thread:

I could really use you as a live example of the threads intent. While at the same time, you can defend and speak for this most unusual way of expressing yourself; The offer stands.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:23 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,135,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well thank you for that, although I must disagree with the statement " The Kingdom of God is within us." The Kingdom of God, in my view, is a geographic place; a specific area in which exist the perminent Throne of God. It is not a nebulous thing which exist within humans, I disagree with the believers who like saying that.

And the experience of God is not in each of us, oh no! I wouldnot say that.

Anyhow, peace to you.
Then where is it?
And how can YOU experience anything outside of you?
The biggest thinking distortion many believe (including myself at times) is that hell or heaven is created from outside of us, when it's an internal process.

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them & said,
The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." -Luke 17:21

Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Then where is it?
And how can YOU experience anything outside of you?
The biggest thinking distortion many believe (including myself at times) is that hell or heaven is created from outside of us, when it's an internal process.

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them & said,
The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." -Luke 17:21

I am at work, and don't have my bible or concordance, but the translation of the word that was used does not mean " Within", it means " In your mist." Jesus was refering to himself as the Kingdom of God is " Amoung you."

The Kingdom being within humans is a christian misunderstanding. The Kingdom of God is a place, its a City, its where the Throne of God is. None of those three things are within a human believer.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:03 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Quote:
I am at work, and don't have my bible or concordance, but the translation of the word that was used does not mean " Within", it means " In your mist." Jesus was referring to himself as the Kingdom of God is " Among you."

The Kingdom being within humans is a christian misunderstanding. The Kingdom of God is a place, its a City, its where the Throne of God is. None of those three things are within a human believer.
Out of the mouth of babes... Yes, this passage is written by a Christian member of the early church (1) who had already begun to feel that Jesus wasn't coming to restore the 'kingdom' and so was arguing (perhaps(2) that it was already there, in the Church, but nobody had noticed. Of course, he had to backdate the remark so that Jesus applied it to just his immediate followers.

Yet, having related a bit of valid exegesis, you go off at a wild tangent with nonsense about a city with the throne of God in it.

P.s none of it, of course, appears in John who did not work from their synoptic original or 'Proto Matthew'.

(1) Luke 17. 21. Appears in none of the gospels but may be related to the talk on the Mount of Olives in Matt. 24.23. and Mark 13.21 'Look, here is the Christ' but not in Luke 21.24/5. where it is omitted. The reason 'clearly' is because it did not suit Luke, Paul's biographer, to talk about people following 'false Christs' in view of the Jews' denouncing Paul as a deceiver. so he lifted the passage and altered it to refer to 'the kingdom' being already right there with them, the early Christians.

(2) it actually works as well applied to god - belief within the individual, which means pretty much the same thing. I'll check the etymology and get back to you. greek Entos (strong's concordances)
1) within, inside
a) within you i.e. in the midst of you
b) within you i.e. your soul

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-20-2011 at 06:34 AM..

Old 09-20-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

I'll check the etymology and get back to you.

You can check it, but its no need to get back to me.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Quote:
You can check it, but its no need to get back to me.
I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for those who show signs of reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy