Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 05:43 PM

1,729 posts, read 5,002,551 times

Advertisements

WHAT IS THE SAFEST WAY to get a letter from NYC to CHALFONT, PA? My journey attempting to get a letter with a check to Chalfont, (Bucks County) started December 15th. The letter never arrived. I stopped the check for $40. I sent another letter with a check, on 1/04, and this time it was sent CERTIFIED MAIL-RETURN -RECEIPT- REQUESTED, it cost over $5. Second letter, in less than one month, has not arrived in Chalfont. Attempts to track the letter via the USPS website, has gotten me nowhere. The only information I received was that "It left NYC safely." I called Chalfont PO, and spoke to the clerk in charge of Certified Mail. She was exceptionally nice, and promised to look into it, however, from NYC, it goes to Philladelphia, who sents it to the "Southeastern Depot," and then it is supposed to arrive in Chalfont. However, her attempts to track the letter today, were unsuccessful, and she made no promises that it will turn up. If the letter does not arrive by this Monday, it will cost me another $40 to stop the check. Total so far? $85+ with NO SERVICE. Let me guess what has happened to these letters: 1. After arriving in Philadelphia, or the Southeastern Depot, they fell out of the truck, maybe the wind blew them away!. 2. If by a miracle they made it inside the building, they maybe in some clerk's desk trying to learn how to read, or figure out what to do with them. Or, 3. Maybe, they fell inside the clerk's waste paperbasket. 4. Maybe, the underworld/organized crime racketeers from our penitentiaries or far away places like Nigeria, got hold of them. 5. No, No, maybe the carrier took them to be delivered, and passing around a wooded area, non-chanlantly threw a bag full of mail into the woods. Too much mail for one day! My imagination can go on, and on, and on. Better yet, I need to take further action by lodging a complain with the top echelon of the USPS in Philadelphia. But, I am afraid my complain will end up with similar faith as my two letters. Can readers help me, by steering me to the right places. Whew, I already feel better! This is a great place to ventilate. Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 06:35 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,595,524 times
That's unbelievable. I would FED EX the letter.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 PM

238 posts, read 617,857 times
ditto newmarlig. use fed ex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia