Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:29 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,700,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I don't think the OP meant any harm by asking, I'd be intriuged too.

We often take Route 287 from Route 220 to get to Wellsboro and we must miss where you are talking about. We always remark when travelling that route how one minute you see some run down trailer and the next it's a million dollar farm.

Depending on how close it is to Williamsport, isn't there a prison in that area?

Also, there is a guy by the name of Donnie Beaver who is a controversial figure who has bought up large amounts of land and closed it off for private hunting and fishing.
There is a hunting preserve down the road from me. Personally I don't understand it myself since not much "hunting" is involved, but I guess it's their business.

As long as nothing illegal is going on, I don't think it's people business to snoop around on private property. For instance my parents on their acreage have had people come on it with snowmobiles and for hunting without people asking despite it being gated and marked. It is highly irritating to have people walking all over it and shooting off guns and ripping up your road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 03:52 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,388,393 times
Default wanneroo is up to something

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I guess it's there for a reason, but in the USA I think we are entitled to some personal privacy so if it their land, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Gee, this wanneroo is a little too interested in directing attention away from this 'secured area'.
Check county records for ownership. For $50 a P.I. will pull up allot of nifty info.
I'm good for $25 of that. Inquiring minds will not be denied!
Cud b marryjewanner a growin' 'n dare.
UPDATES PLEASE !!

Old 07-23-2009, 04:05 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,700,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Gee, this wanneroo is a little too interested in directing attention away from this 'secured area'.
Check county records for ownership. For $50 a P.I. will pull up allot of nifty info.
UPDATES PLEASE !!
I don't have a dime in it and don't even know the location he is talking about.

What is more concern to me is people trespassing and sticking their nose in private peoples business, especially on a public forum.

Unless their is something illegal going on, I don't see that we need the "fence" police to investigate. People should be entitled to their privacy. I don't walk on other peoples land without asking, nor should others.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM

69 posts, read 359,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
UPDATES PLEASE !!

Maybe he is.

I will verify the razor wire and video cameras. My question is this, why put razor wire and video cameras up, For a hunting preserve? The fence is 6 foot high, it doesn't make any sense why someone would do all this just for hunting.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:28 PM

69 posts, read 359,678 times
Default Map of location

41.321084,-77.236726 - Google Maps

Marker is a reference point.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,711,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin2Maine View Post
41.321084,-77.236726 - Google Maps

Marker is a reference point.
Based on the location you show on the map I'm sure we must have gone past it; I'm interested too.

I understand Waneroo's point about not tresspassing, but I also feel when someone builds something like that out in the middle of nowhere, it's going to attract a lot of attention. There's nothing wrong with your interest and will be looking forward to reading what you find out. And LOL about your comment about not hearing from you again.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:50 PM

45,529 posts, read 60,771,442 times
Just a note, being from McKean County and Jefferson County myself: minding your own business is considered a very positive personality trait in rural PA.

It may well be someone from elsewhere has bought up a bunch of land and decided to fence it. Another bad city habit.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,699,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin2Maine View Post
I understand the hunting preserve idea, but whats the fence for?
Probably to keep the animals in. Here in Snyder County there is at least one hunting preserve that I know of. People pay the owner to go in and hunt. It's surrounded by a fence, but no razor wire or cameras that I know of.

I suppose people who thrive on conspiracy theories could read a lot more into this than there really is. Hmm . . . could be an Al Quaida training camp, a white supremecist training camp, or any number of things - if you want to get paranoid about it.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM

45,529 posts, read 60,771,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Probably to keep the animals in. Here in Snyder County there is at least one hunting preserve that I know of. People pay the owner to go in and hunt. It's surrounded by a fence, but no razor wire or cameras that I know of.

I suppose people who thrive on conspiracy theories could read a lot more into this than there really is. Hmm . . . could be an Al Quaida training camp, a white supremecist training camp, or any number of things - if you want to get paranoid about it.

If you could see what some of those guys get for deer sperm-one case in Clarion a couple years ago where the buck was "kidnapped" put the value in the $100s of thousands.

Or it could be one of those FEMA internment camps you read about here in Politics and Controversies.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM

114 posts, read 713,980 times
There is a prison complex - a large one. It could be connected to it.

Pretty much everybody is with in walking distance to a FEMA camp- should the time come.

Look for which way the wire faces. There are 6 super camps - and as many as 800 regular camps in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania