Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,420,330 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who will be relocating to the Williamsport Area soon, maybe within the next couple months. I've offered to help him out, since I just made the move to Western PA myself.

He'll be moving from the Fort Worth Area of Texas, but has lived most his life in Ohio.

Is there a reputable rental agency that could help him find a place? That would be a good start.

Also, he's used to living in a rural area, so any areas nearby that would foot that bill would be appreciative.

His work will have him visiting the County Courthouse frequently. He's also married with 2 young children, one is in school i believe, the other is under 2.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,564,395 times
Just a friendly TOS reminder,

https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Quote:
Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts. Create a free business profile by going to https://www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your forum profile instead. Do not include links to your websites, MLS listings, etc. in your posts. Do not try to push the envelope by attempting to hide your intentions. Do not solicit business by DMs. Show your knowledge about the area and help people and you will get leads naturally. Real estate agents should join the usergroup for them here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/profi...editusergroups. It will set your user title and add an icon next to your name, so you will get free advertising with your posts.
and

Quote:
Recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts. One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,698,861 times
Rentals tend to be scarce in the Williamsport area, but check the local paper and also ring the local RE agencies as sometimes they will have an agent that specializes in rentals.

There are also a number of small cities/towns in the local area as well, so you certainly don't have to be limited to Williamsport town limits.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:12 AM

712 posts, read 1,973,582 times
Basically what you are saying is that he is in the Marcellus gang and wants a cheap / nice place to live, while they rape and plunder the natural resources in Pennsylvania.

My advice is for them to buy a newspaper and find a place to live on their own and hope that no one associates them with all the ecological damage which is about to occur.

I have already talked to about a dozen land owners which has told me that after the gas company came in and drilled a well on their property, that their water now smells and tastes like rotten egg's and is unfit for consumption / or that the well leaked chemicals into the water table and has polluted everything for miles.

The water in my town mysteriously turned red after they drilled a gas well 40 years ago and has never recovered.

I wonder how many people they are going to enrage when all the fish die in the water at Parkers Dam?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,420,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bevis View Post
Basically what you are saying is that he is in the Marcellus gang and wants a cheap / nice place to live, while they rape and plunder the natural resources in Pennsylvania.

lol...okay, yes...he's with the "Marcellus gang" and is probably looking for a "cheap / nice" place to live, as opposed to an expensive / bad place to live...

i'm not sure about the raping and plundering of the natural resources...please enlighten me.

My advice is for them to buy a newspaper and find a place to live on their own and hope that no one associates them with all the ecological damage which is about to occur.

I will advise him on buying a newspaper, and since he's a nice guy with a family, i'm guessing he'll have no issues associating with locals...as i haven't had any problems here in Pittsburgh.

I have already talked to about a dozen land owners which has told me that after the gas company came in and drilled a well on their property, that their water now smells and tastes like rotten egg's and is unfit for consumption / or that the well leaked chemicals into the water table and has polluted everything for miles.

I think your concernes are valid, and would advise you to quit the keyboard warrior route, and maybe try a more proactive approach...maybe talk to your gov't officials.

The water in my town mysteriously turned red after they drilled a gas well 40 years ago and has never recovered.

that does sound mysterious.

I wonder how many people they are going to enrage when all the fish die in the water at Parkers Dam?

thanks for your post little bevis, are you related to little butthead?? haha! couldn't resist, just a joke!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania