Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 AM

429 posts, read 721,529 times

Advertisements

Wow ^^^ he signed up on city-data just to blast Reading. I've been working in/living in/living near Reading all my life and I don't think the 80's/90's were glory days at all... There are good pockets and bad pockets. Just avoid the bad 'hoods.

I work downtown, I go to restaurants downtown, I go to the RC Movies 11 (Hey Harry Potter opens today in 3D), I go to concerts and sporting events at the Sovereign Center and the Sovereign Performing Arts Center. I just borrowed a movie from the terrific, but underfunded, Reading Public Library. You guys going to the free Friday night Bandshell concerts during July? Tonight is a blues guy from Texas "Junior Boy" Jones. Sounds good to me. I've seen many, many top acts for free in city park. And the Goggle Works! It is an awesome arts hub. You. Must. Visit.

By the way, a new Italian Restaurant just opened accross from the Goggle Works. Oh, and there's a new high-rise apartment building going up next to the Goggle Works as well. And, yeah, Reading Area Community College keeps getting better and better.

I don't see Reading going into the tank at all. Man we have a lousy economy right now and everyone is hurting but Reading is slowly, slowly turning around. Now that the Citidel Junior High School is open the overcrowding is aleviated at Reading High School and I hope to see improved graduation rates and test scores as the "quality of life" in the Reading School District improves.

Sorry to hear your old neighborhood stinks now. What can I say? Absentee landlords milking the cheap housing probably, until the building fall down. Just don't paint all of Reading with a broad brush.

Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania