Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Send him away to college to get him out of her sphere of influence, even for a little while. The problem is he has been with her thru his very formative relationship years and probably was his first gf and he doens't know any better. He needs know better. I understand this because my own 19 year old son went through something similar. He knew it was a bad relationship and didn't even like spending time with his gf but he did it anyway and might never have ended things with her if she hadn't met someone else and dumped him first. Thank god.
He did that already, you must have missed that post. The girl went too and moved in to a nearby dorm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 08:12 AM

28 posts, read 50,292 times
i just wonder if moving him to a college 192 miles away would work ? or would they meet somewhere in between ? i want him to join the military, the recruiters are all over him, but if i pushed him in that and something happened to him i would feel quilty

Old 02-13-2010, 09:20 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,339 times
EEsh does the kid have any self esteem? IF she's doing other guys and they (your son and she) have obviously had unprotected sex, I'd assume she'd have the same with other parties. IF he has any brains he'd get the heck away from that or find a nice big body condom, yuck. Aside from the mental stress there is a health issue there.

If you cut him off, it would change nothing except the relationship between you and your son. Try to keep the lines of communication open as much as you can and hope he either grows up or finds some self esteem.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHUNN View Post
i just wonder if moving him to a college 192 miles away would work ? or would they meet somewhere in between ? i want him to join the military, the recruiters are all over him, but if i pushed him in that and something happened to him i would feel quilty
If he joined the military, he'd likely marry her and take her with him. Not a good plan.

If he's getting good grades in college, just step back and let this girl be one of those mistakes you need to let him learn on his own. You can't keep controlling him.

Cutting him off would just destroy your relationship with him. It wouldn't influence his decisions about this girl. If anything, it would push him closer to her.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:53 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
I'd encourage him to get that degree, THEN join the military so he goes in as an officer and has more potential for a career. If he went in now and got a salary and benefits he might actually want to MARRY this girl!!.

What happens when you just try to have a conversation with him about your concerns? Does he get immediately defensive? Or does he listen to your opinions at all?

Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
He did that already, you must have missed that post. The girl went too and moved in to a nearby dorm
I DID miss that! Wow...I have no suggestions. I only hope it all works out!

Old 02-14-2010, 11:45 AM

28 posts, read 50,292 times
Well i have set him down many times with tears and explained where he's headed especially if he gets her pregnant, and it seems he does listen but thats all, i do know right now he's having a big problem just being around her right now because if the the things she's done to him, i would not cut him off however my wife has wanted me to several times, but i wont, he just cant let go of this girl for some reason, and i think its simply because he thinks he cant do no better, i have attached a link to his senior picture and the one where she clawed his face just for you guys to put a face with someone you may be helping out in the furture, thank all of you !
Pictures by ran1_photos - Photobucket

Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Awe. He's a cute kid. I'm glad to hear that you won't cut him off.

I do believe he'll learn his lesson eventually. It's not uncommon for people to take a while before they realize they need to stay out of abusive relationships.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:35 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Well i have set him down many times with tears and explained where he's headed especially if he gets her pregnant, and it seems he does listen but thats all, i do know right now he's having a big problem just being around her right now because if the the things she's done to him, i would not cut him off however my wife has wanted me to several times, but i wont, he just cant let go of this girl for some reason, and i think its simply because he thinks he cant do no better, i have attached a link to his senior picture and the one where she clawed his face just for you guys to put a face with someone you may be helping out in the furture, thank all of you !
Pictures by ran1_photos - Photobucket
Your son is so cute, it breaks my heart that he feels so strongly that this awful girl satisfies his girlfriend needs. Such a good-looking young man shouldn't be settling for so very little.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:40 PM

4,668 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
my son is in love with a terrible evil girl, and has let her abuse him for 3 years now, im sure you want to know the reasons we dislike this girl, well first off she came to my house with her mother and sit on my couch and said your son got me pregnant and im not having this baby,her excuse was "im not going to mess my body up" my son was 17 at the time and she was 18, my son has caught her with prolly 12 guys, 5 of them being his good friends (good friends huh). she has scratched his face scaring him, among other places too, she has cussed me and my wife out a number of times, see she breaks up with him and then as soon as my son starts talking to another girl, the devil comes back and starts a big fight and acts like she wants him back, this girl has told my son if they ever had a baby ,me or my wife wont ever see it, i have tried to talk to my son and he lies and says hes not seeing her anymore ect...., see we dont want to punish him for someone he thinks he loves, but since i pay for his car, insurance, gas, college, food, clothes, home, everything !!, i want to sometimes cut him off, but on the other hand hes a good kid, he finished high school without any problems, never been in trouble with the cops, in fact thats what he is in college for, hes in his 2ond semester getting his criminal justice degree and passing, see since we are against him seeing her it causes major problems here at home, i keep thinking he would learn after awhile but he keeps chasing her until she gives in, please help me make a decision on what to do, we love our son but he sometimes disrespects us because of her, she tells him we brainwash him,she calls him a q****, and puts him down so bad, he asked me sunday if he could do better then her, his self esteem must be low, also we have done 6 police reports (within 6 months) on her from her attacking my son ,
i know some people will say just tell him you dont want to hear anything about the relationship, but its very hard to not say anything when your son comes home with his face scratched up ,help please
Get drunk, question his value as a man, challenge him to a fight, kick his ass, tell him to go over to the girl's house at the crack of dawn the next day and tell her "it's over," and if she responds with violence like the evil **** she is, then hope he learned a few things in the fight the previous night.

Quite simple, really. But do you have the will to do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting