Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:01 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,174,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHUNN View Post
Virode > I added the police reports in later so they were not there the first time you read my story, and yes i believe she could alter his life in any way she wanted to, but she dont want him permanantly, she just bounces back to him when shes single,or when she see that he is starting to talk to another girl, i have always told my son shes using him til mr right comes along for her, she has went to the cops once and tried to have my son arrested for steroids, well my son works out at the same gym as all the cops and they laughed at her , and she also brought my name up and said i was giving them to him, that pissed me off when my cop buddy came and told me about it, he does take over the counter stuff to gain weight but nothing illegal, he only weighs 142lbs
If that information is untrue and written in a police report she could be charged for filing a false police report.

Why in the world would any young man continue to have anything to do with a girl who tried to have him arrested? That is just not smart.

Perhaps your son could find a summer internship in his chosen field of study that will take him out of state and away from her while allowing him to earn some college credit. You mentioned criminal justice and state LE academies often offer internships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,911,510 times
Just be there for him. Let him know you do not approve of this girl, give him a few reasons why, but be there for him. He has to realize it on his own she is no good for him. If you force him to cut it off with her, he will resent you.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM

28 posts, read 50,396 times
Lifelong > she never actually done a writtin report, the cop laughed at her and told her he was not going to go futher, he knew my son wasnt messing around with anything like that, why he would want anything to do with her after aborting his child i dont know, bad thing is this girl is not even attractive but i quess she has something HE thinks is worthy

Old 02-10-2010, 02:47 PM

541 posts, read 1,347,954 times
ok i have a son..very smart,rich (from familly) and very handsome...so..the best combination for disaster to happen...bad girls are crazy after such type of boys,they want to have it all...

so..in your place,i would try everything legally possible to keep the b...away...and if i did not succed,i would simply move away..far away from her...i only have one son and he has only one future and i do not want to let it be ruined from somebody like this...your son would protest at the beginning,but that is life...millions of people are moving around usa,mainly because jobs opportunities,i would not hesitate to search a new job,start new in a new place...i have the advantage i am in different countries at home,so i woudl simply move him to another continent (in your case state or place..usa is big..so much distances between locations,just start new)..period...and she!!have a nice life b...!!

as long as my son depends on me financially,he has to follow my rules...that is life..and the ocean is filled with fish..after a time he would find another girl and everything would be forgotten...

Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 PM

Bub > amen brother ! well i cant move because of the business i have built for 21 years, but he could be forced to move 200 miles away with a close friend that has already asked him to come and live to go to college there, but do you think even though there apart (against there wishes) when he came back for summer or just to visit it would just happen all over again ?

Old 02-10-2010, 05:26 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,363,469 times
He is goign to be a police officer? Doesn't sound like he has the judgement;matruity or control of his life to be one;at least for long. Your abuse is broguht on as you describe it by his choice basically. You need to hold him responsible for it.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Texdav > some people i know say cut him off ,not because of her, but for the bad decisions he makes in seeing her if that makes since, what do you mean hold him responsible for it exactly ?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM

42,410 posts, read 87,577,435 times
Don't you wish you had a daughter, so you could really love the slimeball she hangs out with.

Remember the old saying---behind every successful person, there is an astonished mother-in-law.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,905,732 times
WoW

When I was 17, the closest I got to a vagina was drawing it in my Biology record note book.

Quite a world we live in.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:30 PM

37,228 posts, read 42,569,988 times
Send him away to college to get him out of her sphere of influence, even for a little while. The problem is he has been with her thru his very formative relationship years and probably was his first gf and he doens't know any better. He needs know better. I understand this because my own 19 year old son went through something similar. He knew it was a bad relationship and didn't even like spending time with his gf but he did it anyway and might never have ended things with her if she hadn't met someone else and dumped him first. Thank god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting