Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:38 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,627,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
Pity that these days masturbation is considered normal and OK. Just do it whenever.

Masturbation is selfish sex.
Sex should only hapen within mariage.

Masturbation is not dirty, you won't go blind or go to hell but it is also unnecessary. The body has a natural way of dealing with the physical pressure. Its called a wet dream. Boys should be taught to refrain and abstain.

Boy, do I wish you could read my mind right about now.
Lets just leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,938,488 times
My dh handled it by telling my ds to go in his room if he's going to do it, then making him go wash his hands.

Since he was about 3, I have "caught" him several times touching it. I respond by asking him, "Is it still there?" At first, he'd ask "What?" Now he's 10 and knows that I'll respond "Your penis. Is it still there?" no matter where we are. Now he just says, "Mooooooom". Of course, it's always outside of the pants, which my dh said is just adjustment.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,613,444 times
My son just turned 7 and it's simply not a major issue. From the time he was old enough to follow directions I'd remind him to take his hands out of his diaper/pants/shorts/swimsuit/jammies. It didn't take long for him to understand that it's not something other people should see.

In the child care business, we helped along the issue by sending kids to wash their hands each and every time we saw them with their hands occupied. Soon enough the learned to pay attention to what they were doing and to find other things to do instead.

Now the thing is....little girls have their hands down their pants almost as often as boys do, it's just that people don't notice it near as much. When they wake up in the morning or from nap, their hands are often underneath them in and their pants. It's just a fact of life and a 'comfort' to them all. No biggie.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:42 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,150 times
Ran across this article...

Is it normal for teenage boys to adjust their privates in public? - - Slate Magazine

Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,331 times
Well, my son is 3 and I swear he came out of the womb holding it and playing with it! I just try to tell him not to do that kind of thing when we are at the store or when he goes to school and so far that has seemed to work.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:59 PM

56 posts, read 140,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Ok I am going to just put it out there

If you have a boy at what age did he find out about his penis and start exploring that I guess you would say

My friend has a boy that is 3 and they walked into the room to find their son in the corner with their pants down and fondling himself. I guess you would put it.

If this happened to you with your son how did you handle it

Thank you all seriously I dont know what advice to give.
lol... my son is 22 months and he LOVES his whole area. if his pants are off his hands are on it. i just ignore it because well it's only natural. they never stop loving it .

of course if he is doing it in front of people you tell him not right now. he's 3 he understands the word No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting