Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,944,075 times

Advertisements

We purchased a portrait package when my son was first born, from JCPenney. Every month, same day as his birthday, we took him in to get a professional shot. We put the photos in one of those framed mats that are usually used for school pictures - newborn to 11 months, with 1 year in the center. We did the same for our daughter. My MIL had done one (using candids) for my dh, which is where I stole the idea.

Everyone who sees it comments on it and wishes they had done the same with their children - they change a LOT in the first year.

Additionally, I LOVE pictures and took at least one a day during their first month. My son hasn't changed much since then, though there are shots where you can't tell it's the same child. My daughter on the other hand changed so much during that first month - her face is completely different just a couple months later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 08:09 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,805,417 times
Add in a blocked tear duct - Baby acne and cradle cap - gross.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,543,806 times
LOL, the newborn stage was definitely NOT my son's cutest stage. Being a new Mom, I of course thought he was beautiful and perfect at the time, but now I look back at pictures and yeah, newborn was definitely not his cutest stage. He was jaundiced, had baby acne, and add to that the major cone head he got from child birth...But by 3 months he had gotten pretty darn cute, and even cuter by 6-9 months. I really don't think they even look like themselves as a newborn, it takes a while for them to come into their "look".

Old 01-03-2010, 11:11 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Oh yes, the cradle cap too! I took photos at home every month and did the portraits at Sears every 3 months or so. They do change a lot!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:00 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,051,201 times
my first was born at 27weeks and ohhhh boy but it took her awhile to get to that really cute baby stage! I think she was really about 5 months old before she put on enough weight and lost most of her premiee transparent look and looked like a "real baby". For pics, I think about 6-9months is the "gerber baby" cuteness. before that, its the cradle cap, the uneven tones, the baby acne, hair issues, ohhh boy. lol But regardless, all babies make me melt! If you want something incredible and adorable to take pics of, go for baby parts. Like feet, hands, baby butts, because all that grows way too fast too.....

Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter1215 View Post
Has anyone had a newborn with little blood vessle looking veins on his eye lids and cheeks?
My daughter had a blue spot right between her eyes from a blood vessle. It wasn't terribly noticeable but it was there right up until she was a teen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting