Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:04 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,116,023 times

Advertisements

To those of you who have been supportive: thank you. To those of you who have judged me... it's too bad I'm not as perfect as you.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:08 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,922,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
My husband would never, ever ever be so hateful to do something like that. EVER.
I agree your kids need to keep their mitts off things that do not belong to them and hopefully this was enough of a shock to them to do so. I also agree you can take any pics you want and share them with your husband. Spice of life and all. I do think sending pics to the cell phone is asking for problems. Couldn't you send them to his e-mail instead?

BUT in reference to the above, you never know what your spouse is capable of once he/she is an EX. I am sure if you ask anyone who was married and now divorced if they thought their ex would be a tool once the relationship was over they would say no.

Good luck!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:14 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,759,645 times
Quote:
My husband would never, ever ever be so hateful to do something like that. EVER.
You never know. Some divorces turn very nasty.

Quote:
I have already made my stance on this subject. to me that is like saying if you leave your door unlocked it is ok for someone to come in and rob your house. Common decency says you don't walk into someone's house and steal their stuff and you don't go snooping around in someone's things even though you were warned not to.
It is not ok for someone to rob your house, but it also stupid to leave your door unlocked. If a person walks around a bad neighborhood in the middle of the night and gets attacked, the attacker is at fault but the person should have taken precautions not to put themselves in danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSurprise View Post
It's funny how people here are trying to "parent" missy. Seriously, I'm sure she is aware of the inherent risks of sending pics via cell phone. That is NOT the issue of the post, and I'm sure she doesn't need to be lectured on it by strangers. I can't believe people here are advising her to APOLOGIZE to her daughters when they were clearly in the wrong!
I don't think she should apologize for doing it but she should stop and tell her daughters she didn't realize how easily someone else could find it. A teachable moment IMO.

I do have to say that I didn't realized how old fashioned I was until this thread.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:16 PM

You know what is funny? most people here chastized me for sending the pics but how many said anything about hubby keeping them on his phone? Double standard as usual.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:32 PM

Once again thank you all. I am done with this thread and won't be returning.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:58 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,530,728 times
Missy, take it easy. You didn't do anything wrong. I applaud couples for keeping the spice alive! Your daughter may have initially overreacted and called you a name because girls in her school are probably called the same name when they get caught sexting. She overreacted based on the reaction kids her age have when their peers do things like that. She has no right to call you names period though, and it won't hurt to take the advice that many others here have gave you and simply point out the difference between a married couple doing it and underaged teenagers doing it. Then, I'd take theimporterswife's words, which I thought were perfect, and tell her she got the 'grody' shock she deserved by being a nosy busybody, and that you'll be happy to violate her privacy right back if she wants it that way. I have an almost 20-year old daughter, I have this covered ... lol.

And finally, to repubadork. I usually save my ha-ha's for a better occasion but dude, you got owned - no - make that OWNED! for your glaring hypocrisy. Let this be a lesson to you to either 1) consider each and every post you've ever made here before tackling an issue with such judgemental vengeance and 2) haha, you got OWNED!

Old 12-16-2009, 03:03 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,815,326 times
Quote:
wow. It's like you have known me all my life.

No one I know goes to this forum. Heck half the people I know I have asked advice of so they know anyway. I just figured maybe someone here has been inthe same situation as me and handled it in a way I haven't thought of. God some of you are so freaking judgemental. I can always post one of my sexy pics if you want me to realy be an exhibitionist
You have no idea if someone browses an internet forum. Out of all of the people you know, none post on City_Data??? Your friends kids, other bored soccer Moms you know from PTA meetings, your husbands co-workers, people from church, old high school friends... Out of hundreds if not thousands of acquaintances, you know for sure that none browse or post on City-Data? OK. I don't walk around telling people about posting on forums. I have figured out who 3 different local people are on this forum. None are close friends, we've never had a conversation about city-data, but I know each of them casually because we frequent the same places. I figured it out just by them talking about being regulars at certain restaurants, one by their dog's name, another because they were doing renovations on a house in a certain neighborhood and I knew who they were.

I'm not judging you for sending the pictures. But you are naive and shortsighted. What if your hubby's phone was lost or stolen? The internet is a very open, public place. You have a large amount of personal information on your page and you post about very personal topics. You are asking for problems.

Last edited by rnc76; 12-16-2009 at 03:12 PM..

Old 12-16-2009, 03:08 PM

17,492 posts, read 16,677,897 times
Just say to your kids "I don't know how my face got on that woman's body!" And leave it at that...

Old 12-16-2009, 03:15 PM

22,665 posts, read 47,866,550 times
You know... when you post something this provocative on the internet, you are opening yourself up to all sorts of opinions and comments.

If you are not ready for that, you should keep your sexting escapades to yourself.
It was a dumb thing to do (the sexting and the posting).

Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,236,999 times
Wow at some of these comments. So I guess I should have been scarred for life when I found my parent's "sex" dice at age 9? I didn't even feel the need to question them about it because once I saw what was written on those dice, I knew they weren't for my eyes and promptly put them back in the multiple pairs of folded over socks that were waaaay back in my mom's dresser. Till this day I cannot remember what the hell I was looking for and what prompted me to look in that dresser or the socks, LOL. Don't worry Missy. You're girls will be just fine. But you should get in your 16 year old's behind about disrespecting you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.