Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:02 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times

Advertisements

Any "man" who would do this to his pregnant wife isn't worth spitting on.
Dear God, your children need to be kept away from this so-called "man."
Do whatever you gotta do, to get away from this......thing.

I would put as much distance as humanly possible, between me and him.

I would move across the country and be as discreet about it as I could.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to PM me....you have my sympathy and total support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 07:27 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,062 times
Clearly you need to leave him, get a police report, and a restraining order on him.

To the crazy person who DMed me: I WILL NOT take any responsibility for the OP's abuse from her husband. I wonder if you attacked the other posters who said the same thing... eyeroll....

Old 07-04-2009, 08:56 PM

25 posts, read 69,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Clearly you need to leave him, get a police report, and a restraining order on him.

To the crazy person who DMed me: I WILL NOT take any responsibility for the OP's abuse from her husband. I wonder if you attacked the other posters who said the same thing... eyeroll....
I don't know what happened here....but i don't feel anyone else is responsible other than him for what he did....and I for remaining in this situation to the point that it got this volatile.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM

475 posts, read 1,305,020 times
You need to leave him. Gather your children and get somewhere safe NOW!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,411 times
I'm sorry this happened. Good for you for leaving. Now, make sure your kids are with you and STAY GONE. His words (blaming you, lack of responsibility) and his actions (this needs no explanation) are CLASSIC abuse indicators. It won't stop, unless he kills you or you severely injure or kill him. It's not worth it.

Although throwing some hot grits on his a** would be tempting!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:01 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
It's too bad you just left him....instead of calling the cops. He should have spent the night in jail and then and been charged (attempted murder?? I'd go for that). You get a restraining order and kick his sorry rear to the curb. Now you and the kids are displaced and he is still in his nice house with nice farm, etc. Get a restraining order and move back in the house (if the situation is safe)...he needs to be the one to leave.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
It's too bad you just left him....instead of calling the cops. He should have spent the night in jail and then and been charged (attempted murder?? I'd go for that). You get a restraining order and kick his sorry rear to the curb. Now you and the kids are displaced and he is still in his nice house with nice farm, etc. Get a restraining order and move back in the house (if the situation is safe)...he needs to be the one to leave.
While I agree that she needs to be the one to remain in the house with the kids, will he stay away? A restraining order is no guarantee that he will. Many of them do not stay away once they are kicked out, restraining order or not. She needs to make sure that she and the kids will be safe if she returns and he leaves.

To the OP, are you okay?

Old 07-10-2009, 02:08 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,145 times
Originally post by 33458
My husband was...hmmn...a monster before we moved. (Sorry, honey.) He was so stressed out, so incredibly unhappy with his position (over 20 years at the same company) that he raged out like a spoiled child full of angst. There were days I was ready to walk, because I am the sponge that absorbs bad things, in turn breaking me, too. And I was tired of soaking it in. Tried counseling - that was a joke. Counselor told him it was perfectly alright to act out, even suggested setting up an area in the garage to hurl cheap plates against the wall.

This is a counseling method - he is supposed to see how ridiculous he is! I have used it twice, and both times the people were like, OMG, did she really say do that? And when they did, they finally got it.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,145 times
OP you need to get a restaining order - but it will not help you, it will help your kids.

A piece of paper will not stop him from coming after you if that's what he wants to do, but it will help in the long run if you see that he is not fit to have unsupervised visits with your children, or visits at all.

And to be honest, you should be pressing charges because he not only threatened your life, he threatened th elife of your unborn child.

I will be thinking of you and your children.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:47 PM

36 posts, read 102,303 times
No man would ever hurt the mother of his children this way IF he truly loves her. He is controlling and abusive. Do you really want to live in fear for the rest of your life if you go back? Do you want your children to be abused or witness abuse? Good chance they will go up with some serious issues. Do you want to knowingly endanger your children's lives for the love of some man that treats you this way? I really do feel sorry for women in your situation, but I just have a real hard time understanding how a mother can consider go back to this type of situation with her children. They are helpless. You have been entrusted to protect them and you are considering putting them back in an abusive situation. RUN LIKE H***, file a protection from abuse order, call the police, do whatever you have to do to protect yourself and your children. He will not change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting