Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:51 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times

Advertisements

My sister told me to go pick up her kid from school. I went he would not get in the car. I went back home to call my sis. She called as soon as I came inside and I picked up and I told her he would not come with me. She started screaming and yelling at me so I hung up. She comes back asking me where her kid is. I said he is still at after-school. She started screaming at me some more. Goes and picks up her kid. Comes back with her kid and continues to scream at me because I did not go and pick up.

How am I in the wrong? I tried to go get him he would not come with me so what the hell was I suppose to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 05:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Laugh about this in 20 years and be glad he's ok?

Did she forget to tell you a secret word? We has a passcode my mom would give people.

Why didnt you call from the school?
I wouldnt of left the kid there alone. Were there teachers etc around?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Laugh about this in 20 years and be glad he's ok?

Did she forget to tell you a secret word? We has a passcode my mom would give people.

Why didnt you call from the school?
I wouldnt of left the kid there alone. Were there teachers etc around?
Yea, he was in aftercare. I never thought about asking someone to call I figured the house was 3 minutes away so I will run back and call from home.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:10 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Yea, he was in aftercare. I never thought about asking someone to call I figured the house was 3 minutes away so I will run back and call from home.
You left him in a day care type setting, with workers there, so he wasn't alone or neglected? And you were only three minutes away? I don't think it is as dramatic as it originally sounded... Probably should have called from the school... but honestly- what is three minutes? Sounds like your sister and you had some kind of communication road block... she should really address the behavior with her child if she wants you to pick him up again. Good luck... sounds like a sticky situation.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:12 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,291,422 times
Why did she need you to pick him up in the first place?

I don't know, but me personally, when I need a favor from someone and I need them to do something that is NOT their responsibility in the first place, I try and refrain from screaming at them. I mean, if you'd left my kid alone at school I'd have screamed at you.. but that's not the case here!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:38 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,282 times
From what you've described, it sound like your sister is not only ungrateful (you ARE doing her a favor, after all), she is not very good at communicating. Did she inform the school? Did she inform her child? You say she "told" you to go pick up her child -- why didn't she ASK? Politely? Dear sister, my darling sister, would you please help me out?

Where is HER responsibility in all this?

If it weren't for what's in the best interest of the child, this would be the LAST favor I'd do for sister. Let her do for herself. Hmmmmph.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Why did she need you to pick him up in the first place?
Don't know? I moved back in with her because it's hard to get a job that works with my school schedule. So my mom said to just live with her and help her with stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Did she inform the school? Did she inform her child? You say she "told" you to go pick up her child -- why didn't she ASK? Politely?
Good point I don't think she informed anybody. Like I said I live with her and I am out of work so I have to do what she says or else she will kick me out. She says she going to kick me out for not doing what I was suppose to but she may give me another chance.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:03 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
what a nice sister...
i think you need a new one

Old 08-05-2008, 07:12 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Did the child say why he wouldn't come with you? Do you and her child get along and like each other? How long did you wait for her child to get in the car before you left? Were you at all resentful at having to go pick up her child? Do you live with her?

Last edited by laysayfair; 08-05-2008 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-05-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Did the child say why he wouldn't come with you? Do you and her child get along and like each other? How long did you wait for her child to get in the car before you left? Were you at all resentful at having to go pick up her child? Do you live with her?
I basically walked inside to get him he looked over at me and went some where so I figured he was going to get his stuff. Signed him out and waited outside for a bit. Didn't see him so I walked back inside and motioned for him to come on. He rolled his eyes at me and went about his business. At that point I left to go call his mom.

Yea I live them, I am not really a kid friendly person so I would say we do not get along. But I don't bug her kids I do not talk to to them or anything. Still though they are very disrespectful if I go to get something to eat he will say "why are you eating our food", if I try to go and watch tv he will say "you can't watch tv because this is my tv and my house", and he throws things at me. I usually go to his mother but she doesn't do anything and tells me to discipline him.

Resentful? No, i'm suppose to help out that's why my mom has me living with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting