Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 04:43 PM

422 posts, read 265,189 times

Advertisements

I probably just have to accept this. However, if you have suggestions for me on this topic, I’d love to hear them.

We were just out shopping, and it happened again. I just stared at the man.

She’s not even old enough to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2023, 04:45 PM

22,564 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post
I probably just have to accept this. However, if you have suggestions for me on this topic, I’d love to hear them.

How do you propose averting the eyes of everyone who might happen to look in her direction?

Old 10-08-2023, 05:00 PM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times
Men are sexual beings.

The best way to ignore it is to teach your daughter confidence and assertiveness skills so she has the strength to effectively tell guys to get lost if they're bothering her (and they will, if you're seeing it already).

Old 10-08-2023, 05:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Well, you can't keep them from looking.

But when my niece was approached by much older men, she'd just say "yes, . . . sir" and that was the end of it. Haha.

Men look. If she's not responding back or appearing to try to get their attention, this is just a part of growing up female. Touching or persisting interacting with her is a whole different thing.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:51 PM

523 posts, read 245,129 times
My older daughter was more like me, in that she would try to shrink and make herself less noticeable, but my younger daughter… whoa, Nelly. I remember one incident where some middle age man kept leering at her to the point where she was uncomfortable: she marched right up to his table and loudly called him out for drooling over a (then) 13-year-old girl. Embarrassed the hell out of him. To this day I am in awe over how bold and confident she was from such a young age.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:54 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Some perverts and sex offenders hang out in shopping malls, just to ogle girls/women - you'll see them sitting on benches.

Old 10-08-2023, 08:33 PM

422 posts, read 265,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, you can't keep them from looking.

But when my niece was approached by much older men, she'd just say "yes, . . . sir" and that was the end of it. Haha.

Men look. If she's not responding back or appearing to try to get their attention, this is just a part of growing up female. Touching or persisting interacting with her is a whole different thing.
This one is getting a lot of attention, more than big sis. If it’s men 20s or teenagers, or not as big a deal. The 20s guys could think she’s close to their age. These creeps her parents’ age are grossing me out. So far, I don’t think she’s been approached by one that old, just ogled by them.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:04 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post

I worked at my dads gas and service station from age 11 until 28. I think my worst offender was a guy named Fred who had a really pretty blond wife plus 3 daughters that were a little younger than me. The first time he said something really threw me off especially since I knew his wife and daughters from them coming in. I decided to ignore him.

I think if I were in your shoes, I would say something such as she could easily be your daughter that they're drooling at.

You also may want to look up age of consent in your state, you could reply about how much jail time they could get.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:09 AM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
I used to look them in the eye and say loudly, “She’s 15!” Or 17, or whatever age she was. Oh that used to irritate me. She was seemingly oblivious.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:33 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I used to look them in the eye and say loudly, “She’s 15!” Or 17, or whatever age she was. Oh that used to irritate me. She was seemingly oblivious.

Good reply. If OP said she's 13, maybe the men will stop looking so hard

One of my classmates from school regularly posts barely dressed young women on his Facebook profile. It grosses me out because they are old enough to be his granddaughter or maybe even great granddaughter. He's in his 60's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting