Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:43 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Didn't San Francisco recently install some kind of wall or wall coating that causes pee to splash back on the pee-er? They were so tired of men urinating in public that they tried this to stop it. I have no idea if it worked or not.
San Francisco uses 'pee-proof' paint - CNN

In our old house, our back yard backed up to the back yard of another home that had a shed at the rear property line, next to a 4-board fence.

The little boy who lived in that house would regularly come around behind that shed to pee while he was playing outside, out of view of HIS mom and his house but in FULL view of my backyard and kitchen window LOL.

Being sneaky doesn't come easily for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 07:20 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
[quote=Uncle Bully;49197127]
Quote:
We live on a wooded lot. I have pee contests with my older son. I win almost every time.
Not bad for an old man. My grandson pees off the upstairs deck, I'm always amazed at the stream and distance, he could skunk any of the other guys.

Quote:
In public I've let him go behind a dumpster or bushes a few times when circumstances dictated.

Peeing outdoors is the male's birthright.

My daughter even squats in the woods. Was the wife's idea to teach her to do that, believe it or not.
Yep. When I moved to rural America as a teen the thing to do was drive around the back roads, you know dirt roads, in your truck, down to the river. I learned fast to squat. When you are out there driving, hiking, riding there are no restrooms. My boys grew up peeing outside and in a pinch I have let them pee in parking lots and on the side of the road, etc., discretely.

I still squat outside on the farm instead of going back to the house to pee and I never have learned not to squat next to my horse using her leg to keep my balance.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:46 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I've actullly heard other people say it's easy to let boys pee in public places if it's urgent. I never, ever, not once let my boys pee in a public place. They either held it or I took them to the restroom. In a real pinch they peed in a disposable cup in the car and I threw it away in the proper place.

I even have known people who let their boys pee in their back yards. Ewwww.

Today I was in a line in an outdoor area that was all cement. The line was about 20 minutes long followed by a 5 minute bus ride.

I did feel for this dad. He had his hands full with 3 young boys. One said "daddy I have to pee". He didn't get out of line. He didn't ask the kid to hold it. He ushered the boy to pee on a stone wall next to the line.

I was so grossed out. It's gonna get stinky and people will have to stand next to it. I was somewhat horrified.

But I wonder if I am too uptight? I would have gotten out of line and walked back in the building to take him to the potty if I didn't think he could hold it. I mean, it wouldn't be convenient..but would have only added 10-15 minutes to their journey.

Am I overly grossed out? Is it normal?
if you don't want a dog to be on the sofa, you don't allow it "one" time.

Training your children correctly brings reward.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I've actullly heard other people say it's easy to let boys pee in public places if it's urgent. I never, ever, not once let my boys pee in a public place. They either held it or I took them to the restroom. In a real pinch they peed in a disposable cup in the car and I threw it away in the proper place.

Today I was in a line in an outdoor area that was all cement. The line was about 20 minutes long followed by a 5 minute bus ride.

I did feel for this dad. He had his hands full with 3 young boys. One said "daddy I have to pee". He didn't get out of line. He didn't ask the kid to hold it. He ushered the boy to pee on a stone wall next to the line.

I was so grossed out. It's gonna get stinky and people will have to stand next to it. I was somewhat horrified.

But I wonder if I am too uptight? I would have gotten out of line and walked back in the building to take him to the potty if I didn't think he could hold it. I mean, it wouldn't be convenient..but would have only added 10-15 minutes to their journey.

if you don't want a dog to be on the sofa, you don't allow it "one" time.

Training your children correctly brings reward.

basically it's a matter of choice, me thinks

but to pee in front of others knowingly for me, is crude.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:20 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
I read that in Asia they let their babies/toddlers pee in public and that is why the kids are potty trained much earlier than Western kids who are in diaper all the time

Old 08-17-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I read that in Asia they let their babies/toddlers pee in public and that is why the kids are potty trained much earlier than Western kids who are in diaper all the time
true, but there are also parents that enable them to stay in diapers...either b/c they are not willing to training them, they don't have a clue how, or, they just feel it's ok.....?

and I'm just guessing?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:45 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
women can urinate without squatting. It is a cultural thing, not an anatomical one. Teach your daughters well
I've heard women in the Military are trained to pee standing up. Not sure that's correct. I guess in combat, everybody pees squatting.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:04 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I've heard women in the Military are trained to pee standing up. Not sure that's correct. I guess in combat, everybody pees squatting.
how is one trained to pee standing up. I can pee standing up but I would get pee on me unless I was either naked or wearing a dress and could basically hike one leg a little.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:21 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,624,898 times
Quote:

Just one thing to say.

Don't. Visit. India.
Ever.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:20 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Absolutely not right in the situation you describe.

My son was older when we moved into our current home--about 8 so old enough to take a break from the outdoors and go inside. My sisters/brother let their boys pee in our backyard when they were under 4 or so. That said we have a pool so it was better than going in the pool. We also have an extremely private backyard with acres of woods. It was easier than taking a wet kid into the house to pee.

I don't know why, but little boys have this thing about peeing outside. They seem to enjoy it. I once caught my son, about 4 and his friend, 6, peeing in our previous backyard. Since it wasn't as private, it wasn't okay.

Oldest grandson is almost 4. He balks at peeing outdoors, even though I told him it was okay (sometimes we're too far from the house to make it to the bathroom, or he's dripping wet from the pool). His house too has acres of land and woods surrounding it, and no neighbors. He compromises and pees in a plastic cup I keep outside for emergencies, which I just dump in the woods.

When they bought the house, my daughter and her DH chose it for the privacy...he jokingly said if the neighbors were close enough to see him pee outside, they were too close!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting