Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times

Advertisements

"You're just a bad kid. You're mean to me, so I get to be mean to you."

Breitbart.tv » ‘You Are All Just Stupid Kids’: Mother Bugs Child’s Backpack to Spy on Teacher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 02:48 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times
WOW, I hope this puts teachers on notice. My daughter had a teacher that would not allow parents to visit the classroom, I wondered why because this was the only teacher I had ever heard of being that way.

I don't buy that day was an aberation, thats a convenient excuse. Hang that woman high, the kids are more important, it sounds like after 30 years its time for her to retire.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:51 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,462,771 times
Truthfully, when I was a kid I remember some good teachers & some not so nice teachers. I actually worked at an afterschool program for elementary school kids as a teacher's assistant when I was in high school. I got in trouble b/c I discretely tried to stop a teacher from publicly humiliating a child with disabilities . I actually got called down to the head of the department & the woman had such an ego problem (I mean anyone who would do that to begin with obviously has something screwy) she pushed for me to be fired...What I don't get is why the administration supported her, she wasn't even tenured. You'd think they would've been concerned about the manner in which she was acting. If I was that child's parents & I knew what was going on - I'm not sure what I would have done but it wouldn't have been pretty.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
Truthfully, when I was a kid I remember some good teachers & some not so nice teachers. I actually worked at an afterschool program for elementary school kids as a teacher's assistant when I was in high school. I got in trouble b/c I discretely tried to stop a teacher from publicly humiliating a child with disabilities . I actually got called down to the head of the department & the woman had such an ego problem (I mean anyone who would do that to begin with obviously has something screwy) she pushed for me to be fired...What I don't get is why the administration supported her, she wasn't even tenured. You'd think they would've been concerned about the manner in which she was acting. If I was that child's parents & I knew what was going on - I'm not sure what I would have done but it wouldn't have been pretty.
I have seen this also, the school will do what they have to, to cover up for a teacher who has NO business being around children. They cover up in order to save themselves.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,462,771 times
Yeah you'd think they would've been nicer to me given what I saw although their tactic worked. I was a teenager & felt intimidated and I never said anything. I wish now I had b/c I can't imagine the difference that would've been made in that child's life if someone had stuck up for him & he had that to remember. Hopefully, down the road someone else did take up for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have seen this also, the school will do what they have to, to cover up for a teacher who has NO business being around children. They cover up in order to save themselves.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:09 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,602,381 times
Too bad that wasn't here in Alabama. We still have corporal punishment here. That teacher sure could use a good a$$ whoopin!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:30 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,686 times
That's terrible. Those poor little kids. Even the meanest teacher I ever had as a little kid never called us stupid or told us she could be mean because we were. Big meany.

I did however, have a high school teacher who kicked us all out of her classroom right after she told us we were all being a$$holes. LOL. She was the best teacher in the school, that was the only time she ever did it, and we were being a-holes to her that day. Forgiveable for high school, not for 4 and 5 year olds. I just want to hug those little kids and tell them they're not stupid!!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 PM

Its amazing even faced with evidence of what the teacher is doing wrong, they find a way to turn it around on the student. Not really a surprise.

My daughter had been having problems in school, I felt like she had a couple teachers who were not up to the job, now she has a fabulous teacher and her grades have improved so much its just amazing.

Last year they were all but demanding that I put her on medication for ADD, she was struggling. This year she isn't on medication and is doing better then she has since Kindergarten.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:31 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,131,164 times
I had the meanest 1st grade teacher. Ever.

One day a boy in the class was up at the blackboard...I don't know what he did wrong, by she yelled at him "Danny, you are even stupider than you look!!"

Never again in elementary school (or much ever) did I raise my hand.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,376,211 times
That is too bad. Little kids take those comments to heart. Not a great way to start their education journey.

I went to a poor high school and there were no expectations from many teachers. One teacher told our math class she didn't know why she even bothered teaching us. She said most of our class would end up dead, in jail, or digging ditches. She was right about half the class. Another math teacher would throw trash cans across the room and cuss everyone out. The shop teacher would go into a screaming fit and break stuff until he had a stroke during class. An English teacher would just shake her head and say 'Idiots!' My favorite was the crazy bus driver that used to take my softball team to games. Every time he picked us up, he pointed to bullet holes that were never repaired and cussed at us because his bus was shot up leaving our school after a football game. He was the scariest of the crazy staff because he got right in your face like we the ones who did it. That school couldn't keep teachers, so they had to let it slide. I am so glad I moved away from that area. Last year that school lost state accreditation, so I was glad to see them finally held accountable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting