Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,408,980 times

Advertisements

Classy: Big, honkin' military tattoos that say things like "Death Before Dishonor"
Tacky: Tattoos with the names of all your ex-girlfriends crossed off

Classy: Holding the rope up so your friends can also get in free
Tacky: Making your girlfriend hold the rope up so you can get in free

Classy: Taking the kids to the monster truck rally
Tacky: Leaving your hat on when Miss Mud Flap 2010 sings the National Anthem

Classy: Treating Mom to whatever she wants at Del Taco
Tacky: Telling the girl who takes the order that Mom gets gas from the Del Combo Burrito

Classy: Wearing the t-shirt you bought at the death metal marathon in college
Tacky: Wearing the t-shirt you found outside the Goodwill donation box in the parking lot

Classy: Telling your kids you love them
Tacky: Not telling your kids you love them

Old 02-11-2014, 02:37 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,102,518 times
LMAO Dew!

Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,870,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
How old is your son? I would tell him "When you're older, you have to go to work. You can get fired for not looking neat and tidy and groomed". My mom told me all the time when I was young, that she can't wear whatever she wanted to work.
Seriously?! Kids are kids and need to express who they are. I am not going to MAKE my son wear certain clothing. Does he look neat and tidy? Probably not as much as he could.

I was a 'new wave' kid in my day, unkempt sloppy. Now, that I am older, I present myself differently.

Like I stated before I pick my battles.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:40 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,872,761 times
There is nothing more tacky than the use of the word "classy".

Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,363,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm not as agreeable as I used to be.

I'm willing to bet neither of us have never mocked ANYONE on CD.
I could be wrong, but I think the other poster meant this post below was mockery:

Quote:
Aw, come on. I know what he's getting at. I have a couple of things I consider signs of tacky parenting.

*Coke or Kool-Aid in a baby bottle
*3+year-olds walking around with pacifiers
*toddlers who are allowed to stand up in shopping carts
*kids who constantly jump on and pull on their parents while the parents are talking to another adult

We can't get off our high horses for even a minute??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
There is nothing more tacky than the use of the word "classy".
Agreed!

Old 02-11-2014, 02:50 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,406,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I could be wrong, but I think the other poster meant this post below was mockery:

I have no problem mocking people who feed Coca-Cola to infants.

I guess I'm supposed to embrace them and offer helpful parenting tips on the spot? I know exactly how that would go.

People judge each other. It happens all the time, all day long. Is it right or honorable or fair? No. Some people are much more "live and let live," but everyone has a "thing" other parents do that drives them crazy.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:00 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,361,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It seems like most little kids wear those light-up shoes these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I wish I had light-up shoes.
I recently went online to try to find light-up shoes for me, but I couldn't find them in women's size 9. Rats!

Old 02-11-2014, 03:02 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,363,009 times
Quote:
I have no problem mocking people who feed Coca-Cola to infants.

I guess I'm supposed to embrace them and offer helpful parenting tips on the spot? I know exactly how that would go.

People judge each other. It happens all the time, all day long. Is it right or honorable or fair? No. Some people are much more "live and let live," but everyone has a "thing" other parents do that drives them crazy.
You know, I've worked in pediatrics in various settings for about 40 years, and I've never seen anyone feed Coca-Cola to an infant. Since you see this frequently, maybe you can figure out an approach. Here in libertarian Colorado, you'd probably get slapped upside the head, at least figuratively, for saying anything.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:05 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,335,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
I think classy would be raising kind, thoughtful, polite, considerate children that don't judge others.
Winner winner chicken dinner!

those light up shoes are quite popular and are pretty expensive as kid shoes go.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:06 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,983,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
I think classy would be raising kind, thoughtful, polite, considerate children that don't judge others.
Yep, that is classy to me. I really feel bad when I hear a kid use some words like fart, or things like that. Yet some parents think that is cute. In a grocery store one day there were two young girls, probably 13 or so, and they were using the F Bomb like it was saying hello. To me that is low class and I think their parents had a lot to do with that behavior.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting