Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:24 AM

621 posts, read 1,053,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoincomes View Post
I'll be the only honest parent here -

For the record, I'm quite sure I told the truth in MY post. I never cleaned ALL the crumbs off the floor though. I just picked up things that a vacuum couldn't or shouldn't run over.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:24 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,602 times
We try our best to clean it up. If we can't or the kids are at their limit and need to leave, we give a very nice tip to make up for the mess.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 AM

384 posts, read 594,235 times
Thank you all for your responses.
While I don't believe the table has to be immaculate, I do believe that leaving a large amount of pretzels, grapes, goldfish, etc. all over the floor is unacceptable. I work in food service (part time job in college) so I understand where everyone is coming from.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM

501 posts, read 932,834 times
Quote:
I do believe that leaving a large amount of pretzels, grapes, goldfish, etc. all over the floor is unacceptable.
You don't have kids, do you?

My wife and I had all sorts of ideas about acceptable and unacceptable parent and kid behvaior. Then we became parents and discovered we do many of the things that we considered to be unacceptable. We laugh when we catch each other doing something we said we would never do before we had kids.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
We go to Chipotle a lot and this place is the only exception. When we eat outside, I let kiddo go to town with the rice and naturally, she leaves a huge mess. Although I clean off the table, I usually let the floor be. I figured the birds will get to it. Hehe.
I'm sure the people sitting there after you appreciate either getting rice stuck on their shoes or kicking away birds the whole time they're there.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,315,838 times
I hope anyone who claims it's rude to leave food on the floor of a restaurant also refolds clothes they disrupt at clothing stores and never leaves anything out of place at a grocery store while they're shopping.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
I hope anyone who claims it's rude to leave food on the floor of a restaurant also refolds clothes they disrupt at clothing stores and never leaves anything out of place at a grocery store while they're shopping.
I don't have kids but if I drop something on the floor at a restaurant, I pick it up. I do not leave trash and food debris all over the table/floor when I dine out because it's piggish and rude.

And yes, I do re-fold clothes if I 'unfurl' them. And I do not leave random items all over the place at the supermarket. If I change my mind about an item, I put it back where it goes or I hand it to the cashier when I check out. I don't leave my shopping carts in random places in the parking lot either. I hate it when people do that. So lazy.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:07 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,315,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't have kids but if I drop something on the floor at a restaurant, I pick it up. I do not leave trash and food debris all over the table/floor when I dine out because it's piggish and rude.

And yes, I do re-fold clothes if I 'unfurl' them. And I do not leave random items all over the place at the supermarket. If I change my mind about an item, I put it back where it goes or I hand it to the cashier when I check out. I don't leave my shopping carts in random places in the parking lot either. I hate it when people do that. So lazy.
Well then I commend you for all of that. I guess you've earned the right to judge people whose kids leave a mess at restaurants.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:09 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,348,435 times
Quote:
I'm sure the people sitting there after you appreciate either getting rice stuck on their shoes or kicking away birds the whole time they're there.
And once the birds have digested the rice...

Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
There is a HUGE difference between an adult making a mess and a 15-month old making a mess. Were you to leave debris on the floor I'd think you had either terrible table manners or a disability (palsy, arthritis) that did not allow you to have control while you ate.

I'd think the 15-month old with a mess under the table was a 15-month old enjoying his crackers. And no, I do not clean up the crumbs. Wrappers, silverware, sure. Of course. Crumbs? Ummm no. Nice tip and if it's REALLY bad a couple bucks in the hand of the guy "Sorry. Thanks very much" heading to the table with the carpet sweeper. Messes happen. (The waitress also gets a "Sorry we've been a little messy here. Thanks for the good service." when she gives us the check. I'm a big believer in treating the waitstaff nicely. That includes saying please and thank you.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-24-2013 at 12:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting