Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,763,530 times

Advertisements

i'm personally not a fan of any of them, but in the end it doesnt matter what we think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 12:13 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,871,770 times
I have to agree with Katiana and Natsku regarding Traceley. While I think it's lovely that you want to honor your mother, it may work better as a middle name. Perhaps Aliana Traceley Rolle?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,873,351 times
[
Boy:

Wesley Jr.

To me anyone named Wesley is the hero from the movie Princess Bride. I cannot hear the name without thinking of the movies. It is a fine name, but I might be disinclined to use it simply because I do not like names taken from popular movies. I am really a big unfan of Jr.s It always seems to me like the parents were unimaginative and could not come up with a new name or the Dad is a narcissist. I dislike Minime too.

Marston (My father's name.)

Really like that name. I am putting that on my list of my favorite male names. It is perfect. unique without being wierd and it is actually a name, rather than a rock or a fruit, or a city (which seems popular lately).

Pedro (Girlfriend's father's name.)
To me, Pedro will always be a name for a donkey. I am not even sure why, but if I meet a Pedro I wonder if he was named after the family donkey.

Ricardo
"Lucy, you got some splainin to do!" His last name should be Ricky.

Cannot say why, but this name makes me think of a gang banger. I must have known a banger named Ricardo or saw a movie where a gang banger was named Ricardo.

Girl:

Cara (My sister's name, she raised me mostly since my mom died when I was 12.)

Pretty name. Again nicely unique without being stupid.

Traceley (My deceased mother's name, pronounced Tracy-LEE)

Looks like one of those names that comes up when the parents are illiterate. If her name is Tracy lee, why not Tracy Lee? Or Tracy Leigh. I have seen names like this when parents cannot agree, so they just sort of stick two names together.

Aliana (Girlfriend's mother's name.)

Pretty Name. I have seen this one fairly often. It is not so common as to be boring or to end up with nine people responding when the teacher takes role. Again this is one of those Unique but nice names.

Milagros

Mill a gross? Naw, probably do not want to name your daughter anything gross. Not sure how it is pronounced, but it is an ugly sounding name when I say it. One thing to keep in mind what will her classmates hear when the teacher calls roll and tries to pronounce her name?

These are mostly really nice names. It is great to see a parent wanting a unique name for their child without feeling they have to get weird and not jumping on the trendy name bandwagon. It is funny how many parents trying to be unique but unable to fall away form trendy name their kid something like Brandon and find out there were ten thousand Brandons born that same month.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,930,238 times
Wesley Jr.
I like Wesley, but am not crazy about Juniors.

Marston (My father's name.)
I like this name. It's interesting and different, without being weird and hard to spell or pronounce.

Pedro (Girlfriend's father's name.)
It's okay. It feels like an adult's name more than a kid's name to me though.

Ricardo
I'm not crazy about this name, but can't really say why.

Cara (My sister's name, she raised me mostly since my mom died when I was 12.)
It's nice. Some people might want to spell it with a K or put an H on the end.

Traceley (My deceased mother's name, pronounced Tracy-LEE)
I think it would be confusing. Maybe use Tracy Lee or Tracy Leigh, as someone else suggested.

Aliana (Girlfriend's mother's name.)
This is a beautiful name.

Milagros
I'm not crazy about this name, though I do agree with others that Mila is nice.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,537,442 times
Kids always give kids nicknames; be careful what puns and fun you are enabling, like "Milagro the bean field"
A "junior" is supposed to change to "II" when the father passes. I had neighbors who were up to Walter IV ?!

Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM

808 posts, read 1,880,099 times
Boy
1. Marston - Very manly sounding name
2. Ricardo - Very sexy sounding name
3. Wesley - A bit bland
4. Pedro - Too common (at least around my area)

Girl
1. Aliana - Feminine and distinctive. I like it.
2. Cara - Atypical spelling but still a good name.
3. Traceley - Too complicated.
4. Milagros - No.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,254,631 times
Boy:

Wesley Jr. - Like it, and agree with the Princess Bride comment, but Wesley was awesome in that movie.
Marston (My father's name.) - Very good name
Pedro (Girlfriend's father's name.) - My friend's child is Pedro, I don't really care for it
Ricardo - I have a friend Ricardo, another Latin name I don't love

Girl:

Cara (My sister's name, she raised me mostly since my mom died when I was 12.) - Nice
Traceley (My deceased mother's name, pronounced Tracy-LEE) - Do not like it, don't like Tracey either, for some reason
Aliana (Girlfriend's mother's name.) - Nice
Milagros - don't like it

Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
[
Boy:

Wesley Jr.

To me anyone named Wesley is the hero from the movie Princess Bride. I cannot hear the name without thinking of the movies. It is a fine name, but I might be disinclined to use it simply because I do not like names taken from popular movies.
Wow. You assume it comes from the movie? My family has been naming boys Wesley for more than 200 years.

Great name.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:47 PM

322 posts, read 585,340 times
How about these names?

Marston Ricardo Rolle
Aliana Traceley Rolle

Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRolle View Post
How about these names?

Marston Ricardo Rolle
Aliana Traceley Rolle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting