Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM

26,333 posts, read 22,484,094 times

Advertisements

If this is for real, contact the school immediately because I feel that the child has mental health problems and perhaps an investigation needs to be made of the mother who may also have mental health problems and be putting these insane thoughts in her daughter's head. Child Protective Services should become involved because these people are dangerous. Hopefully, this is made up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 12:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,414,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taste777 View Post
Than the child began to call my husband daddy, in a playfull way, every time she saw him. We probably should've put a stop to it immediatelly, or perhaps should've said something to the mom, but we felt sorry for the child, since her father was dead, and so we ignored it for a while,
This is where the story falls apart for me. I don't know one man who would let the new little girl next door call him Daddy. The usual reaction is, "I am NOT your daddy, little girl! You can call me InsertNameHere." Especially if his wife is within hearing range.

Unless she really is his little girl and he's moved Mom and Daughter next door for his fun and convenience. In the Lifetime movie the wives become best friends until they figure out Daddy is a weasel and they conspire to cut something off in the middle of the night. Just when it gets interesting there's a commercial.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,900,242 times
Perhaps, the woman next door is his long lost daughter and her little girl is his granddaugher.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,775,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I agree. And if it makes the mom angry that you suggest counseling, GOOD! They truly DO need counseling (that little girl is on her way to becoming quite the histrionic personality) . . . and maybe putting things on this level will help them move forward with their lives. And if it only makes her angry - then SHE will avoid the whole family - and that is what the goal is, anyway.
Absolutely!! Also, like donie said, it's highly unlikely that the little girl is coming up with all this business on her own. She's probably confiding in her daughter, inappropriately I might add, and that's where the poor kid is coming up with her materials....just parroting mom.

"Mr. Johnson is such a nice man, isn't he? I think he deserves a better and prettier wife than Mrs. Johnson though. Do you think I'm prettier than Mrs. Johnson?" ...

"Yes Mommy, I think you're waaay prettier than Mrs. Johnson. I wish YOU were married to Mr. Johnson, Mommy...then he could be my new daddy!"

"Would you like for Mr. Johnson to be your new daddy? Mrs. Johnson would have to go away though, because he already has a wife."

"Yes Mommy, he'd be a nice daddy. I wish Mrs. Johnson would go away, then you could marry Mr. Johnson and he could be MY daddy!"

Yeah....they need counselling and the OP needs to put on her war garments and let the lonely widow know that she thinks distance from her family is a good thing. Time to get all territorial on her butt.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,806,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Absolutely!! Also, like donie said, it's highly unlikely that the little girl is coming up with all this business on her own. She's probably confiding in her daughter, inappropriately I might add, and that's where the poor kid is coming up with her materials....just parroting mom.

"Mr. Johnson is such a nice man, isn't he? I think he deserves a better and prettier wife than Mrs. Johnson though. Do you think I'm prettier than Mrs. Johnson?" ...

"Yes Mommy, I think you're waaay prettier than Mrs. Johnson. I wish YOU were married to Mr. Johnson, Mommy...then he could be my new daddy!"

"Would you like for Mr. Johnson to be your new daddy? Mrs. Johnson would have to go away though, because he already has a wife."

"Yes Mommy, he'd be a nice daddy. I wish Mrs. Johnson would go away, then you could marry Mr. Johnson and he could be MY daddy!"

Yeah....they need counselling and the OP needs to put on her war garments and let the lonely widow know that she thinks distance from her family is a good thing. Time to get all territorial on her butt.
That is EXACTLY what conversations I believe have been going on.

What I do not understand is why OP and her hubby would have allowed a child to call hubby "daddy" even ONCE without addressing that issue. If some child called my hubby "daddy" I would be all over that in a heartbeat, making sure the child understood clearly that not only was that an inappropriate thing to say - but that she has a daddy, even tho he has passed on from this plane of existence. Dead or alive, he is still her daddy!

I would be wondering what the hell gave a child that age the idea that it was an okay thing to do. It isn't as tho she didn't grow up with and know her own father . . . At 3 I could see this happening but that child is waaaaay too old to be calling a neighbor "daddy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting