Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:52 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,437,336 times

Advertisements

I don't even leave my dog in the car, let alone a child. Once, I did leave the cat in the car for a few minutes when I went into the store, but it was spring, not too hot. In the summer though, one time I took the cat in the store in his carrier, he was in the basket, just checking out the store. No one said anything to me.

I don't care about the whining, I don't leave kids in the car, they can suck it up, and be with me all the time. They know it, so there is not even a "Mom, can I stay in the car?" Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 12:05 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,776,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Oh this is so sad. At the costco where i shop someone left there children 9yr and a 5 yr old in their car, windows opened and dvd player on, the manager called the police after making an anouncement on the PA. I thought that was great.
Why did you think that it was great? The windows were open, and the parents know their kids better than you do, and obviously felt that they were capable of being alone. That is an instance where people need to learn to mind their own business.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:07 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,776,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I call the police every time I see kids in the car like that. Animals too. It is to hot, not to menchan the fact that someone could take them.
Instead of calling the cops why don't you locate the parent and tell them that you are concerned. Sheesh, why does everyone want the cops to do their dirty work for them?

Old 06-06-2015, 12:51 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,238,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Why did you think that it was great? The windows were open, and the parents know their kids better than you do, and obviously felt that they were capable of being alone. That is an instance where people need to learn to mind their own business.
This. There's nothing more dangerous about kids that age staying in a car on their own than there is in them being in another room in the house or riding a bike around the block. Yes something could happen but it could just as well happen if you were to take them in - they could get hit by a car in the parking lot, the store could get robbed at gunpoint, etc.

Its really sad that because of a few idiot parents, everyone else gets painted with the same brush and good parents are denied the ability to use their own judgment.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:54 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,554,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
There's the proof. Not all dingbat parents who've left their kids in cars are sorry. That woman should be thrown in a zoo cage with starving lions.
No she should be locked in a hot car until she feels what her child went through. Then she should sentence herself. If that was me... I would give myself a life sentence. What a horrible way to die. I've never forgotten my kids in a car or at daycare or at school. I have a schedule and I keep it. They are more important than work or school or whatever. I can't imagine something like this happening "on accident."

Old 06-06-2015, 09:23 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,317,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Pretty such he isn't going to remember considering he posted that 7 years ago .

Old 06-10-2015, 10:14 PM

502 posts, read 898,610 times
Seriously, how many children a year are actually abducted while in a running car? It probably happens once a blue moon and then parents everywhere panic. I would love to actually see statistics on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting