Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:21 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Personally I don't think the mother should be on trial here. Applebee's sounds like they would have done that to ANY breastfeeding mother activist or not - isn't that the issue? Even if the mother was an activist and had an agenda, no one told them to react the way they did. They could have followed the law and ignored the initial complaint and let the woman be... but they didn't.
This is absolutely true. The statement from many of the restaurants around the country was that they would also do the same thing, and corporate has suppored this.

On the other hand, there were also many restaurants who stated that they would never react this way and would not interfere with the breastfeeding mother and would instead offer to move the complaining customer to a different area of the restaurant if they would like. That is the correct response, both morally and legally, regardless of the intentions of the mother.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Elmonelle, as several of us have pointed out by now, it's clear you already had your "position", based on a bunch of assumptions you yourself created, so why do you need anyone here to cement it? And why ask for our input? I asked this before but I notice you only address the comments you can have complete control over. Control seems to be a theme in your posts. Everyone marching like good soldiers and the like. I honestly don't know why you felt you needed anyone's input on this subject, unless you were hoping we'd all agree (???) and then you could feel better about your somewhat tight viewpoints. We are all individuals, so that was not likely to happen. It is nothing against you. It is that *life IS messy* and *people are individuals* and not everyone is going to march of your own personal drum (or set of drums). This is life, Elmonelle.

Last edited by JerZ; 09-12-2007 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: deleted quote

Old 09-12-2007, 09:48 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times
That was extremely rude and uncalled for. I have been following this debate and most people have had valid points. Those comments added nothing of value to the discussion.

Last edited by jessiegirl_98; 09-12-2007 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: removing quote of rude post

Old 09-12-2007, 09:49 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Wow... you are a talker. Poor husband having to hear that over the breakfast table.

And you're showing your true colors. Rude, hateful, close-minded. Let me guess. You're hoping to be the next Ann Coulter?

Old 09-12-2007, 09:52 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,024 times
[quote=JerZ;1481072]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Elmonelle, as several of us have pointed out by now, it's clear you already had your "position", based on a bunch of assumptions you yourself created, so why do you need anyone here to cement it? And why ask for our input? I asked this before but I notice you only address the comments you can have complete control over. Control seems to be a theme in your posts. Everyone marching like good soldiers and the like. I honestly don't know why you felt you needed anyone's input on this subject, unless you were hoping we'd all agree (???) and then you could feel better about your somewhat tight viewpoints. We are all individuals, so that was not likely to happen. It is nothing against you. It is that *life IS messy* and *people are individuals* and not everyone is going to march of your own personal drum (or set of drums). This is life, Elmonelle.
Complete control? Keep talking.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
That was extremely rude and uncalled for. I have been following this debate and most people have had valid points. Those comments added nothing of value to the discussion.
What is your valid point?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Rude...maybe...look in the mirror.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,454 times
The original post was about informing the public that there was to be a nurse in to educate people about a mother's right to nurse in public.

I support this. I breastfed, I breastfed in public, a law tells us it is our right to do so. You disagree with this. You have made your point. Your last few posts are turning into personal attacks against people who disagree with you. They add no value to the conversation.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:03 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Rude...maybe...look in the mirror.
Didn't you already answer this very poster, and the same quote from her?

Nobody responded right away so you posted again...

I think you're an attention-seeker. I think that's probably why you get so angry about other people seeking attention, to be honest. This actually explains a lot.

But you are hurting a lot of people's feelings in the process.

Last edited by JerZ; 09-12-2007 at 10:11 AM..

Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,050 times
Quote:
Wow... you are a talker. Poor husband having to hear that over the breakfast table.

I really, really don't consider my position differently, now. You have cemented it.
Seriously, that was rude, and for no reason. I told you my story because you seemed so sure that the only reason I would have been harassed is because I must have had an "agenda". I was trying to explain the situation to you to tell you what really happened. But obviously, you don't care what really happened. Because then you might have to reconsider some of your comments which were made out of ignorance. You don't even care to give any reasoning to back up your statement. I would like to know what I said that "cemented" your opinion that I went into that store with an "agenda".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting