Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 09:41 AM

788 posts, read 4,080,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers19 View Post
I actually thought about a mimosa....but would've had to take a nap by 10:00am. So I decided against it! : )
So this is what I did...
I took a few photos of him at the house with his new backpack on. Then while he was at school, I baked a cake. When he got home, we frosted and decorated it together. Then I made spaghetti and meatballs for his dinner and the whole family did a toast to a successful, fun, and happy new school year.
He was SO excited on his first day you guys. He didn't want to come home with me when I picked him up! On the way home he said 'I want to go back to school. Home is so boring". Then when I tucked him in bed last night, he said he wanted to wake up in the morning and go straight to school...no breakfast, no tv, just straight to school. Kindergarten is a major hit.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all of your ideas. It's nice to know I can get advice and opinions from other great moms.

Oh! That's perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,917 times
I'm new to this site. My oldest daughter also started kindergarten this week. She seems to be adjusting well, but she's very shy. She was upset because in gym class they paired up, and she didn't have a partner. Any ideas from experienced Mom's would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting