Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,312,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
This is how sandusky got away with raping children. This kind of thought.
Not really. (Though I do get your point and it is an important point to make.) But "Boys being boys" was not a factor in what happened at Penn State. Sandusky got away with it because no one wanted to stop the mega-bucks machine known as Penn State football. Money, bragging rights and winning football games were at the heart of why he wasn't stopped. People in power could have stepped in and stopped him and they chose not to. The people who knew he was raping young boys didn't think "boys will be boys". Their thinking was even more evil. They thought, "If we stop him there will be a scandal and a scandal will hurt our Program."

Penn State happened because adults turned their heads to child rape because they were afraid The Program would be destroyed. Which is something we are probably going to witness once the lawsuits are settled. It happened because the people who could have stopped Sandusky thought The Program was more important than the children being raped. Disgusting.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-04-2012 at 06:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 07:07 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,149,083 times
Way overblown. I see it referred to as a "lunar landing" as well. As previously mentioned the military does it, heck Johnny Knoxville made millions with his "jackazz" Tv show and movies doing similar or worse in the name of comedy. Might as well outlaw high school wrestling and football...lot's of butts next to faces there. Was it inappropriate? Yes, not exactly suitable after church play or something Wally Cleaver would engage in. Criminal? hardly...nothing a few days in Juvenile Detention, a very sincere apology to the victim, and some parental punishment couldn't have handled.

So some throw out terms like humiliation, trauma, victimized; might as well get a plastic bubble and an oxygen source cause life is going to throw a hell of lot worse things your way than this antic,at times.
As far as the lifewreckers who occupy our courtrooms and deliver punishment, they should take themselves and their supporters to a place more accommodating to their view of justice...like Iran.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:07 PM

885 posts, read 1,886,972 times
the military does not hold 12 year old boys down against their own will and drag multiple testicles across their faces...

Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,312,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Way overblown.

So some throw out terms like humiliation, trauma, victimized; might as well get a plastic bubble and an oxygen source cause life is going to throw a hell of lot worse things your way than this antic,at times.
As far as the lifewreckers who occupy our courtrooms and deliver punishment, they should take themselves and their supporters to a place more accommodating to their view of justice...like Iran.
So.....

You ever stick up for the little guy at the bottom of the pile in these "antics" or is that not mano-a-mano enough? Because, sorry, but in my book a "real" man looks out for that kid.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-04-2012 at 08:28 PM..

Old 08-04-2012, 08:18 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,054,012 times
I'm not sure why this thread was revived, but I googled to see what the final outcome was, and it appears to be still in appeals.

However, I did find this, which gives some background on how it all transpired:
School-kid fight over scooter leads to lifetime sex offender registration for two 14-year olds - MA Sex Crimes Defense - Katherine Godin Providence RI LawMA Sex Crimes Defense

The 12 yr olds were not quite innocent victims, it sounds like something that escalated into poor judgment.

My opinion, which hasn't changed since I first read about it, is that punishment would have been sufficient. A life long sentence is wrong. If these boys had caused bodily harm they would have served time as juveniles and not had it follow them their entire lives.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,640,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
the military does not hold 12 year old boys down against their own will and drag multiple testicles across their faces...
If someone did this to me, I'd bite as hard as I could and tear something off before he got off of me. This is not a joke. It's sadistic. It's a display of dominance that is intended to humiliate (which is what rape is.)

I'd like to know where in the military they are holding people down and rubbing genitals in their faces. If that is going on, there are some people who need to be locked up and the key thrown away.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I'm not sure why this thread was revived, but I googled to see what the final outcome was, and it appears to be still in appeals.

However, I did find this, which gives some background on how it all transpired:
School-kid fight over scooter leads to lifetime sex offender registration for two 14-year olds - MA Sex Crimes Defense - Katherine Godin Providence RI LawMA Sex Crimes Defense

The 12 yr olds were not quite innocent victims, it sounds like something that escalated into poor judgment.

My opinion, which hasn't changed since I first read about it, is that punishment would have been sufficient. A life long sentence is wrong. If these boys had caused bodily harm they would have served time as juveniles and not had it follow them their entire lives.
Unless they asked to have genitals and asses rubbed in their faces, they are innocent.

Seriously, what could a 12 year old do to make this right?

I suppose you think a girl in shorts is asking to be raped too....

Poor judgement? This goes way beond poor judgement. Only a sick pervert would do this to another human being.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Way overblown. I see it referred to as a "lunar landing" as well. As previously mentioned the military does it, heck Johnny Knoxville made millions with his "jackazz" Tv show and movies doing similar or worse in the name of comedy. Might as well outlaw high school wrestling and football...lot's of butts next to faces there. Was it inappropriate? Yes, not exactly suitable after church play or something Wally Cleaver would engage in. Criminal? hardly...nothing a few days in Juvenile Detention, a very sincere apology to the victim, and some parental punishment couldn't have handled.

Are you, seriously, justifying what they did because someone else out there might do worse?

This is sick. Yes, there are victims here and it is traumatizing. It's an act of dominance that is intended to humiliate (do you seriously think having someone's ass and genitals rubbed in your face against your will is not humiliating)

How would you feel if some 14 year old boys held down your wife or your 12 year old daughter and did this to them. Would you be so forgiving?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,054,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Unless they asked to have genitals and asses rubbed in their faces, they are innocent.

Seriously, what could a 12 year old do to make this right?

I suppose you think a girl in shorts is asking to be raped too....

Poor judgement? This goes way beond poor judgement. Only a sick pervert would do this to another human being.
Don't put words in my mouth.

I see no point of this thread anymore, except perhaps as a cautionary tale.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Don't put words in my mouth.

I see no point of this thread anymore, except perhaps as a cautionary tale.
You are justifying forcing someone down and shoving genitals in their faces by saying the victim isn't innocent. The same kind of crap is said about girls who get raped. I am simply pointing out you are doing the same thing. You are blaming the victim as if they asked for it.

Seriously, WHAT if anything could someone do to deserve this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting