Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 06:41 AM

11,642 posts, read 24,023,072 times

Advertisements

Bad bad mother checking in again. My middle is away at camp so I am not cooking for him. The oldest and youngest went to work out together at a local park and they each grabbed a banana for breakfast. It will be sandwiches for lunch and I will cook chicken for dinner. Only 1 hot meal out of 3. Ooops.......

They are not fat, and live very healthy lives. How many other adolescent boys get up at 8AM to go work out in the park? I can't get this thread out of my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,098,228 times
I vacillate between cooking and convenience foods depending on the time of year. Right now, we are deeply involved in swimming season, and we're eating out a lot! Next week life will slow down, and I'll be in the kitchen more, plus the garden will hit its productive stage, so they'll be lots of fresh vegetables to pick and prepare. I think our entire family is looking forward to our return to home-cooked meals.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,677,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tired and lazy are two different things.

If you are mad because you have a parent who is too tired to cook 3 hot meals a day because he/she worked the 6am to 4:30pm shift then came home and changed clothes to go to his/her second job so you would have a roof over your head and clothes on your back then I don't know what to say to you.
No as I made this thread, I was thinking of a housewife.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,918,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
No as I made this thread, I was thinking of a housewife.
Good luck with that.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,813,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Good luck with that.
Housewives and personal chefs.

Everyone is rich and it is 1952!!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 AM

I noticed the only time some families cook good meals is when guest or relatives are coming over. Or make it and keep it covered or 1 step from being finished, like its not suppose to be eaten, until "...." gets home. so by the time its served people already went and got something to eat. Timing is important to.

These bad parents are teaching thier children the same habits, and when they become elder and their children are grown, they're going to practise these habits. Their excuse would be "my parents never did this for me".

Old 07-13-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Good luck with that.
These days its hard to find a young woman that cooks. But I bet if more young women cooked and were "wifey" material, the guys would do their responsibility and divorce rates would go down.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,813,615 times
Quote:
These days its hard to find a young woman that cooks. But I bet if more young women cooked and were "wifey" material, the guys would do their responsibility and divorce rates would go down.
Please stick around. You get funnier by the day.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Bad bad mother checking in again. My middle is away at camp so I am not cooking for him. The oldest and youngest went to work out together at a local park and they each grabbed a banana for breakfast. It will be sandwiches for lunch and I will cook chicken for dinner. Only 1 hot meal out of 3. Ooops.......

They are not fat, and live very healthy lives. How many other adolescent boys get up at 8AM to go work out in the park? I can't get this thread out of my mind.
If they want those workouts to built muscle, they need more than a banana and sandwiches until they finally get to eat a proper meal.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,918,901 times
Quote:
Hahahahahahaha! I'm pretty sure there's no research linking divorce rates to wives not doing June Cleaver impressions, but tell yourself whatever you need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting