Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM

426 posts, read 792,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
if the girl is under 18 then the mom cant forcer her to pay rent she has to give her minor child food and shelter she could kick the bf out though. Thats really sad though that she would act like that when a girl is pregnant at any age they usually need their own mom the most.
THe bf is a year older than Kayla. She wants to kick the bf out if he can't pay her rent. If he has to work full time then Kayla can't finish school because he does come home to take care of the child. From what I can tell Kayla and the by don't ask for any support (diapers, forumla etc) from either sides of the family. For Kayla's mom to ask for rent...that is just rediculous in my book. The boyfriend is providing for his child and at such a young age. If I was her mother that would suffice with me. Or instead of paying for rent he can do things around the house that needs to be taken care of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 11:47 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,652,835 times
Ugh! I hate that show! I can't believe they actually glamourize teen pregnancy. I think the show is WHORRIBLE!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 PM

218 posts, read 563,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I wish they would have another teen who chose adoptin because as a previous poster said the 2 that did put their little girl up for adoption had a bad response to it. Dont get me wrong it cant have been easy and will haunt them for the rest of their lives but they seemed a little nuts.
There have been two other girls who put their children up for adoption. One girl was forced by her parents and the other girl gave her daughter to her aunt and uncle, but then had a change of heart and took the baby back, and theeeen decided to give the baby back to her aunt and uncle.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:34 AM

247 posts, read 499,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafoxy View Post
There have been two other girls who put their children up for adoption. One girl was forced by her parents and the other girl gave her daughter to her aunt and uncle, but then had a change of heart and took the baby back, and theeeen decided to give the baby back to her aunt and uncle.

i felt so bad for ashley even though she had tons of support from her mom. she was an example for anyone in that kind of situation and how they should react. i think the fact that ashley and her daughter's father were estranged made it a lot harder. the kind of support you get from your mother, no matter how supportive, cant come close to the support you get from your spouse/BD/boyfriend/ect.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:03 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,465,466 times
I agree with you on the latest installment of 16 and Pregnant. I don't think I have missed any of the back episodes on the girls and their relationships with their parents. There have been obvious cases where the Mom is still on / or currently seeking some rehab program to kick an addiction. There have been some Moms whose internal elevator does NOT travel to the top floor (i.e. pretty stupid, poorly educated people). I've also noted the over-indulgent parents who, in the end, are not doing the teen Moms any favors in the long run.

Never though, have I come out of watching one of these episodes SO disturbed. This chick who is suppose to be Kayla's Mom is an absolute disgrace. The endless broken promises she was making to Kayla were just heart-wrenching. She's too busy with her new boyfriend?! Are you KIDDING me?! Unless you folks have better eyesight than me, I would swear he was certaintly no Brad Pitt material. It is SO evident that Kayla has very REAL self-esteem problems. She's freaking riddled with them! She needs a supportive Mother to guide and direct her. This bag of garbage wants nothing to do with a situation she assisted in making possible.

She couldn't put her mind at rest over how many diapers would be needed, what immediate items for the baby's room would be required upon home-coming, issues arising from an inability to breast feed? Good God!!! She was too freaking lazy to get out of her bed to investigate whether or not Kayla's water had broke. I mean, GASP!!!!

This young girl is very lucky to have the boyfriend she has. I was dreading a follow-up to the story that he had left her. Talk about putting some one out on the ledge! His parents must be heartbroken about him giving up college and finding himself busy with Baby Daddy issues. In the meantime, Mom waltzes in and, as part of a bonding experience for her and Kayla, she recommends that they go on a DIET together?! WHAT?! You say this to pretty much a child who has just HAD a child and who has already been hospitalized for an eating disorder?! Talk about having no feelings.

Then, the UTTER gall to charge those kids $300 to live there?! Are you messing with me Mom?! Aren't I YOUR financial responsibility until I reach 18?! I mean, what the heck is that woman thinking?! I really hope she has been getting scalded alive on the multiple blogs out there. She is truly one of the worst Moms I have ever seen. Calling her selfish and disengaged is being too generous. She is a monster. Karma, Sistah, it'll get you every time - and man, but there is a WHOPPER coming for you!!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 AM

218 posts, read 563,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Ugh! I hate that show! I can't believe they actually glamourize teen pregnancy. I think the show is WHORRIBLE!
Just because a girl is pregnant at 16 doesn't mean she's a *****.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM

27 posts, read 39,857 times
As a 16 year old teenage guy, i will say this, F%@# MTV (Crap) and 16 and pregnant, the way i look at it is that, they put these sluts on the pedestal, air them on that stupid channel, and to me, this is embarassing the American youth, because im pretty sure by now most of the other countries think that this crap is in our culture. That False reality BS on MTV isnt the life of an Average American teenager (like me). I guess we arent people that do fun teenager things with friends and read books anymore, i guess we are idiots and morons that all we want to do is party, have sex, and get babies when we never even left highscool, and no job. (oh yeah, i know im doing this at the wrong time cause its tuesday and its 12 noon here, but i start school tommorow cause i just moved to a new state, but whatever, dont mind, just read my comment)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting