Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,559,647 times

Advertisements

Oh that's right - forgot about the ACT...last week I though it was last week. Once I figured out I was "off" I kind of forgot about it.

Good luck to DH...I hate drama - especially at work...

Yeah. DS is hoping that if he can get a truck for about the same $ as he can hopefully get for his car, he'll be able to make some $ this summer doing yardwork etc. He was making bank aerating....and had a number of folks asking if they also mowed and did manual labor....but he'd need a truck to put equipment in the back....

Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM

4,563 posts, read 10,979,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Oh that's right - forgot about the ACT...last week I though it was last week. Once I figured out I was "off" I kind of forgot about it.
lol! I think I've been getting an email a day for the past week from the school and the district reminding me. They won't let me forget! Would be nice if he got scores he was happy enough with to not have to take it again.

So did your son rent an aerator each weekend? That is such a great idea. There is a guy who does that in our neighborhood. I gladly pay him because it is the one yard chore my DH refuses to do. It's hard work! Jolts you all around for sure.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:05 PM

12,979 posts, read 14,613,641 times
Quote:
Zimbo....hows the pup this afternoon? Hopefully continuing her positive trend.
She's much better thanks MM. I am spending a lot of quality time with the vet staff. The vet wanted to remove all the dressings and "just let the blood and fluid drain freely". So that's what I'm doing this afternoon, wiping up goo. Luckily we have a large laundry room with a tiled floor.

Power is finally back on, darn, came on just after I asked DH to pick up dinner.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Power is finally back on, darn, came on just after I asked DH to pick up dinner.

Wish our power would go out.....

Old 04-25-2011, 04:07 PM

Actually his buddy has an aerator he inherited from an uncle. The buddy had knee surgery and is unable to push the aerator so has been paying DS 1/2 the earnings. Even with that, he can come home with $200 for a full day's work (9-10 hours)....they are hoping to look for another aerator and add in mowing...but they need another truck since you can't really haul anything in a sedan.....

Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Actually his buddy has an aerator he inherited from an uncle. The buddy had knee surgery and is unable to push the aerator so has been paying DS 1/2 the earnings. Even with that, he can come home with $200 for a full day's work (9-10 hours)....they are hoping to look for another aerator and add in mowing...but they need another truck since you can't really haul anything in a sedan.....
Wow - that's great! Good for him! I take it no more pizza?

Old 04-25-2011, 04:12 PM

No...no more pizza....he resigned that a few months ago.....it was getting more difficult to schedule with lacrosse...

Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,328,807 times
mm: Doing anything special for your anniversary? My DH calls that "picking up Dew's option." Luckily I have a sense of humor.

Yes between the draft and the wedding I'm pretty much booked up, lol. Still trying to decide if I'm going to go to bed or just stay up all night Thursday. Saw Tebow's new t-shirt commercial a lot over this weekend, so I thought of you.

Keyboard pieces were found in various spots in the house. Thank goodness he didn't visit the litter box.

I spent the aternoon in the dentist's office. I broke a crown when I was eating lunch. On a cookie! Old crown. There goes the new garage door probably. It's now in my mouth. He gave me pain pills. I feel pretty dang good right now!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,394,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes between the draft and the wedding I'm pretty much booked up, lol. Still trying to decide if I'm going to go to bed or just stay up all night Thursday.
Are you planning to watch the wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I spent the aternoon in the dentist's office. I broke a crown when I was eating lunch. On a cookie! Old crown. There goes the new garage door probably. It's now in my mouth. He gave me pain pills. I feel pretty dang good right now!
A cookie! It's always something simple. When I was a teen, I split one of my front teeth vertically by biting into a piece of bacon. I'm still amazed to this day that the dentist was able to rebuild the corner to perfection. You can't even tell half of my tooth isn't really a tooth.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,328,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Are you planning to watch the wedding?

A cookie! It's always something simple. When I was a teen, I split one of my front teeth vertically by biting into a piece of bacon. I'm still amazed to this day that the dentist was able to rebuild the corner to perfection. You can't even tell half of my tooth isn't really a tooth.
A Girl Scout Thin Mint no less.

Oh yeah. I am definitely watching the wedding. Cannot wait to see the dress. Only wish I was with a few CA friends who are going to dress up. Have champagne. Wear fake tiaras, the whole bit. These ladies are taking the day off from work they're so serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.