Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 07:12 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,907,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
OH boy I bet she kicks you good in the ribs. I have to say I do enjoy seeing the baby ripple across the stomach in later stages. How are you managing with sleep?
Haha - yes, indeed she does. I am totally at the oscillating tummy phase right now - 30 weeks tomorrow and girlfriend can't get enough of moving around! The sleep is so much better, thanks for asking - DS finally finished dropping the nap and is sleeping through at night - I am so very grateful! How's your sleep going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Now there's a phrase you don't hear every day....
Hahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Glad you guys are feeling better, pregos. I should've bought stock in tums, when I was pregnant. I feel for you, it's awful. Sometimes I wonder if MissFR is a Moose child because of all the extra calcium.
Ha! No kidding with the tums, right? That would explain the extra-large DS, too...

Thanks, mm!

Welcome back, strawflower!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Welcome back, Strawflower!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:27 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,920,991 times
School starts on September 2nd here. (Yeah, on a Friday. WTH?). Maybe I'm weird, but I really miss my kids when they go back to school.

Hopes- good luck with your job hunting! I am going through the same thing right now. I have a job, but I've been searching around for awhile. Sales and marketing jobs are so highly coveted around here though that even assistant manager positions have dozens of people with masters applying. Hmph. Very happy to have a job, but I'm ready for a change. (Hope I don't come across as a spoiled complainer...)

Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,920,991 times
Mrs.X- I forgot you were pregnant. Glad to hear you're feeling better

Thanks everyone for the 'welcome backs'

Old 07-31-2011, 08:08 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,963,065 times
Oh my you guys! Butts and pregnant ladies all in the same pages!

Okay - Mrs. X and ewag - you all better not disappear once you give birth! We want to hear about it all along the way. We can live vicariously through you two.

Lovely storm here tonight. We so need the rain. I tried to plant some plants my neighbor gave me and I couldn't get a shovel in the dirt. It was like rock.

Hopes - did you plant pumpkins? I've got volunteers from where we threw the seeds last fall. They have gotten huge so I feel obligated to water them now. But no pumpkins yet. Lots of flowers though. DS said the ones on the farm aren't forming pumpkins either yet.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,206,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Uh...nope...

try this:

Google Images
not my type

michael owen - Google Search

this is my "boyfriend"

Quote:
Ahhh today I am having a good day. I think it is because Mr.X dragged me out of the house to a bbq yesterday and the hostess had a pool. Toddler X wanted to swim as all the kids were and I had to get in. It stopped me from feeling the pain I have been in and took a load of pressure off of my abdomen. I think getting out of the house helped alot. Bed rest is no fun, it makes me irritable and I haven't bleed since Thursday, just an occasional spot here or there if there is heavy lifting involved (which I shouldn't be be doing but Toddler X is unwell and a lot of crying for cuddles). This week is we are chock full of doctors visits. Toddler X is getting teeth pulled, trip to perinatalogists for Mr.X test and then more sonograms.......UUUUUUUGH.
sounds like a busy week. hang in there!

school starts tomorrow! just teacher visits, dropping off supplies paying fees tomorrow.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,581,256 times
Howdy! I hope everyone is well!

Hi to Straw - good to see you back.

Welcome Bulldogdad.

Glad to hear our preggo contingent are feeling better today.

I do hope grannies and sore hearts are feeling a bit better too.

I had a great girl's weekend. Lots of fun combined with very little sleep. And somewhere between Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning I lost my voice. That may have been due to me singing along very loudly to the cheesy yacht rock cover band we were watching at the time. That genre of music is just awful, but oh so familiar, so you can't help singing along.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Quote:
Hopes- I thought you can plant garlic, onions and other stuff in the fall? Good luck with the job hunting!
Funny! We've had garlic and onions for years. I never considered them part of a vegetable garden because hubby grows them in my flower gardens. It always annoyed me but he claims it keeps bugs away from my flowers. I have no idea when they are planted because they self seed. They grow like weeds, literally! If you want to plant something and feel successful, definitely plant onions and garlic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
School starts on September 2nd here. (Yeah, on a Friday. WTH?). Maybe I'm weird, but I really miss my kids when they go back to school.

Hopes- good luck with your job hunting! I am going through the same thing right now. I have a job, but I've been searching around for awhile. Sales and marketing jobs are so highly coveted around here though that even assistant manager positions have dozens of people with masters applying. Hmph. Very happy to have a job, but I'm ready for a change. (Hope I don't come across as a spoiled complainer...)
You're not coming across as a spoiled complainer at all because I don't want to work! LMAO! I'm dreading looking for a job because that will mean I have to work. I also have the complication of still needing to go to school this fall. I'm not really sure how I can juggle it. I'm torn between finding something part-time or just really tightening up the budget and waiting to look for a job after the New Year. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing yet. The realization that it's time to make a decision just dawned on me. I need time to accept my fate and formulate a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Hopes - did you plant pumpkins? I've got volunteers from where we threw the seeds last fall. They have gotten huge so I feel obligated to water them now. But no pumpkins yet. Lots of flowers though.
I recall the pumpkins started forming at the end of summer and grew throughout fall. Hubby discouraged me from planting pumpkins because they took up the entire front yard when DS planted them when he was in elementary school. I plan to include them next year when we expand the garden. Hubby was worried about not being able to cut the grass where they grow but we're making a 20' x 20' section a vegetable garden next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
DS said the ones on the farm aren't forming pumpkins either yet.
Did you stop working at the farm? I must have missed that somewhere along the way.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,206,691 times
howdy zimbo! sounds like a fun weekend!

jk- loving Cozi. Thanks for the idea!

Old 07-31-2011, 09:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
school starts tomorrow! just teacher visits, dropping off supplies paying fees tomorrow.
Wow! That seems early! School doesn't start here for a month. DS and I planned to go register him for fall classes tomorrow. But his friend in Seattle called tonight. I'm not sure if that will change his plans or not. He was planning to return to school for the fall and hoping to move to Seattle over winter break with his friends who will be home visiting for the holidays. Now I'm wondering if he'll change his mind and decide to leave for Seattle earlier. I know he'll view the phone call as a good sign that his friends want him there. Every apsect of my life seems up in the air right now but that's a good thing because change is healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.