Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,967,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
A hot god?! Lucky you - and of course you look like that - isn't that how it seems to work
Yes... sigh. And I knew he'd be coming by since his rent is due today and I hadn't gotten it in the mail yet. I should have been prepared! He felt bad that it was too early and he was disturbing me. He must have thought that given my state of dress.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 AM

13,596 posts, read 10,012,773 times
Oh dear. I hope you're ok Dew. Maybe Jack ran away with her.

Glad to hear DS is doing better, mm.

Thanks Ewag! It wasn't too bad. Good luck at the dentist.

Our routine is all shot to hell from having visitors, and we have a doctor's appt for MissFR which is always the most dramatic event possible. We have to keep going back because she won't let them take her blood pressure or do a hearing test, or pee in a cup. She's not being deliberately naughty, but the dentist really did a number on her trust in medical persons, so she's not very cooperative. There's only so much you can do to talk her into it. Ugg.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,909,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Thanks Ewag! It wasn't too bad. Good luck at the dentist.

Our routine is all shot to hell from having visitors, and we have a doctor's appt for MissFR which is always the most dramatic event possible. We have to keep going back because she won't let them take her blood pressure or do a hearing test, or pee in a cup. She's not being deliberately naughty, but the dentist really did a number on her trust in medical persons, so she's not very cooperative. There's only so much you can do to talk her into it. Ugg.
Oh, crap. Don't tell me that!!

Good luck at the doc - this is such a hard age for medical professionals, period, let alone if the poor kiddos have been scared already.

Well, I'll be with you in screaming preschooler spirit!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,205,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Tomatoes! What to do with all of these tomatoes?!?!
Send them to Floridian posters who couldn't get a decent tomato if their lives depended on it?

Or maybe I should just send you the Manchild. He'd take care of them all in one fell swoop. Loves tomatoes.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,589,910 times
Good Morning All! How are we all this morning?

Yippee! Back to school. I took the dog for a looong walk this morning, and it was blissful to not hear whining. Of course DH decided to work from home today and appears to have a bad case of verbal diarrhea, so my dreams of a peaceful SOLITARY morning are shot to hell!

Fin - glad you survived the invasion, and good luck at the doc.

MM - glad to hear your DS is on the mend.

Ewag - good luck.

Coop - I thought that look was in?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,198,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Today's challenge? Cleaning out the closet in our master bedroom...right now it's
Stop it! You're making the rest of us look bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
One thing you might be able to do is just set up an automatic transfer each month to a savings account of some sort.

First of each month I have "x" amount transfer to the different savings account. The other nice feature that I really like that Wells Fargo has is I can set up an account goal. And I can see how I'm progressing along the way. There is something mentally satisfying about that. Well - at least for me anyway given the way my brain seems to work!
That's a good idea! I could get into seeing goals visually too!

When we've settled on our new budget later this week, I'm definitely looking into it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Hopes - get thee some caffeine, woman!!
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
And all this talk about budgeting and finances actually has me thinking about how you taught your kids about money, savings, budgeting, etc. My parents did a solid job teaching us but I still had some trial-and-error learning in my 20s. Any suggestions would be welcome!!
Wish I could help! One child is great with money the other, not so much. Both learned the same lessons. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Okay - the young guy that rents our commercial building just came by with his rent check - my my..... he is one good looking guy. And of course it looks like I just rolled out of bed......
That seems to be the norm for all of us whenever the hot gods show up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Send them to Floridian posters who couldn't get a decent tomato if their lives depended on it?
Hmmmmmmm.........I wonder if I send green ones if they would ripen on the way.

I made a vegie pasta salad when I woke up this morning, and I still have 15 ripe ones left, and there's about 20 on the vine almost ready to pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Or maybe I should just send you the Manchild. He'd take care of them all in one fell swoop. Loves tomatoes.
I'm getting them from my garden and my neighbor's dad keeps sending them to us. (He LOVES tomatoes like your Manchild but is getting too many.) Hubby keeps saying to not accept them, but I think it's so sweet that he thinks of us.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Is Dew okay? You guys have me worried. Can't tell if you're joking.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Of course DH decided to work from home today and appears to have a bad case of verbal diarrhea, so my dreams of a peaceful SOLITARY morning are shot to hell!
Mine is hope ALL THE TIME now.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,505,174 times
Quote:
Stop it! You're making the rest of us look bad!
Ha! You wouldn't say that if you saw what it looks like... It's really really bad. It probably makes you all look better because you wouldn't let it get that bad to begin with....

Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,967,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Is Dew okay? You guys have me worried. Can't tell if you're joking.
No - not joking. She hasn't posted in a couple of days - since she mentioned she felt like she was getting a relapse of what she had (she said she was going to maybe hit the Jack under the sink and that was the last we heard!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting